I have nothing cool to say – nothing remotely worthy of
writing this my last post. I did so good
my first week into weight watchers – lost .8 lbs! So happy…and then my boss’ boss’ boss came
into town…you know – He is kind of a big deal!
So we went to lunch at thai drift (AMAZING!), we went to yogurtland, we
had Chic-Fil-A breakfast, we had donuts, ice cream cake, bbq lunch with all the
cookies I could stuff into my mouth….it was all a lot of resisting that I just
couldn’t do. And even though every day
this week I woke up saying – I’m going to do better…I’m going to be good today –
seriously by 9:00 – I was already saying – tomorrow…..and again I am saying it
now –I’m starting tomorrow. And I haven’t
weighed myself this week – because why would I want to? I know it’s bad….probably worse than what I started
at last time around.
But I’ve at least been working out still…a little success in
my non-successful week on the healthy living front. And for the first time in a long time – I ran
5 miles without feeling like I was about to die…and without walking. That is a first since before the half
marathon. I ran slower than my usual
pace, but I enjoyed running and that is the first time I’ve done that in a long
time! It felt good to not be worrying
about the different pains I was experiencing in my body and the feeling of not
being able to breathe- and just enjoy the company, the wonderful scenery, and
the knowledge that I have the ability to run 5 miles still. I’ve been doing 30-day shred once a week as
my cross-training but I’m thinking of trying to do it every other day – so I
can add tone to my body – it’s a little….ummm… not tone at the moment.
So here I got again – starting over and trying to be
better. I know I sound like a broken
record with every time I say I’m getting back on the wagon and am going to do
better – but isn’t that life? No one is
perfect…well maybe there are a few that are great at eating healthy ALL the
time and working out and being amazing….but most of us – (I hope!) have our ups
and downs…and mine are all documented in this blog for you to see. I always tell the guys at my work and now I’m
telling it to you guys -- “I suck so
that I can make you guys look good…you owe me!”
Yep because of me you guys can feel better about what you are
doing.
One of my friends on facebook posted this picture with quote
and I love it…it’s the truth –
Of course my boss reminds me every time I eat bad
– you don’t get “it” by eating that chocolate chip cookie…so I’m just delaying “it”
a little bit longer…but I’m enjoying the journey!
Hahaha we all have our moments! It's hard to stay on track, especially in social situations. Keep enjoying the journey and let yourself have those days!
ReplyDeleteI start my diet over every dam day! ha ha so glad I'm not the only one. It is Summer and there is always so much going on it is just hard to eat perfect!
ReplyDeleteAre you running in the am girl? I think I might end up running hobble creek if you want to join. I need to do 16-17 miles but if you want to run a few together let me know.
Have a good weekend!
hey girl! i am so glad you are back on here. I am missing you like crazy and no matter where you are at in your journey you need to come run with me!!!! haha. so I think I may head out on my own tomorrow...let me know if you want to run with me at any point either tonight or I will have my phone with me in the am :)
ReplyDeleteAHHH! I just saw that you joined WW! I'm FINALLY in freaking maitenance phase after 1 1/2 years! We can be WW buddies! and the temptation is hard. it's ALWAYS hard. boo! But you WILL get there!
ReplyDelete