Monday, August 15, 2011

So.......................

I've been avoiding this update.  I've been avoiding writing anything on my blog because I have no good news to share.  I let the temptations of food get the better of me and between the family activities, the stressful times, and the treats at work...I've been on a losing battle.  And not the good kind of losing.  I'm not up 12 lbs from May 4th...yep 12 lbs.  And I'm sick of being fat (Ok I know I'm not fat...but I'm fatter!)  My cute size 4 jeans that I worked over 6 months to fit into are now really tight around the waste...around the butt..and around the thighs.  I'm stubborn and am still wearing them - and hopefully I can control this weight gain before I rip a hole in them! 

I've been ok at my running - not amazing.  I've been running consistently but not very far...and it's because I never had a definite plan on what race I was going to do next but I've decided now that I am doing Nebo Half -which means I need to get an 8 and 10 mile run in before labor day...yep...cutting it a little close.  I know I won't PR - I am sure I won't even be close to a PR - since my running hasn't been as strong as it was when I ran the AF half - but I'm still excited to complete my 4th half marathon.

So I'm trying something new again - obviously if I can gain 8 lbs while running 20+ miles a week and running in three halfs - something has got to change.  It's no longer working.  Running is a wonderful great release but seriously I need to do something else.  So as much as it hurts me to type this - I'm going off soda starting tomorrow.  I'm so sad - but seriously the not fitting into my clothes feeling is really getting old and depressing.  I'm ready for a change and I'm hoping this on top of starting weight watchers again and bumping up my running to 20 miles a week again will help me succeed.

Anyway I really hope this is the last - starting over - post I'll have...but I really doubt it.  Life is about starting over and I know I'll be starting over the rest of my life...I just hope I'll be closer to my goal weight each time I start! 

5 comments:

  1. I've read a million times that what you look like is 80% based on food. It is hard to believe but it is completely true! We all have those moments where we just give in but it's easy for it to become a habit. Kicking soda out of your diet is a great start! But remember you can run hours a day...but if you're not eating the proper foods, your body won't change! You're off to an amazing start. Writing things down holds you accountable...so stay positive and it will all work out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT. I attribute ALL of my WW success to that. YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL! You've done it before, and you'll tackle it again! YOu look INCREDIBLE already, but till you're feeling it again, I am here rooting you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. friend...you totally got this. I know you have it in you. You are incredibly strong and I admire you for your determination. let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out!! excited that you will be back to racing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH girl I start over every single Monday! ha ha. You can totally do it. Just think about how much better you will feel and the end result. I definitely think Summers are tough because of all of the parties and get togethers but you are awesome and I know you have it in you to reach your goals.

    I am beyond PUMPED that you are running the Nebo half. It is going to be such an awesome race. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you SO MUCH!! I was just shoving the 3rd -ok 5TH! cookie in my mouth thinking, "I wonder how Rochelle is doing I bet she's rockin! I suck -oh well better have a 6th cookie" ;) ANYONE who can stick to a "diet" is amazing in my book I have no will power so I say you are amazing! I hope we get together soon! -just remember YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete