Remember when I said I was back and was into running - well yeah that was two months ago and I do not have much to say. Single parenting / dating and becoming engaged / working full time / getting sick A LOT has kicked my butt more than I would like to admit. I used to consider myself wonder woman for having two kids, working full time, and running 20 plus miles a week .... and now I feel like I'm half trying just about everything in my life. It's hard work!! I give praises to every mom, single or not, that is running. Cause I just want to run home to my kids and not waste an hour working out on weeks I have the kids, and on weeks I don't have the kids - I just want to veg by the time I get home. And dating - man I would much rather do nothing together, then go run by myself or together. We've attempted running together a few times and it's amazing.... but I sure do love sitting on my butt together even more so!
Anyway - Saturday is the big race...and I am still going to run it - or attempt to. I haven't ran in two weeks and I haven't ran more than 3 miles in over a month. I am sooo not in shape for this half marathon - so my goals are simple... finish. Finish in under 4 hours. LOL. Plus - I got bronchitis and have been a coughing lunatic for almost two weeks now. Not fun and sure does not make me want to go run...but I'm going to do it or die trying. Ok not die - but if I don't finish - I will not feel too bad. I am going to try my hardest.
Having ran four half marathons -I think it helps me to know that even though physically the endurance isn't there - I know without a doubt, mentally I can finish this race. It doesn't scare me. I know I can finish it. Just might have the finish line taken down by the time I finish - but I can and I will. As said in one of the awesomest movies ever - "I see pride. I see power. I'm a badass mother who won't take no crap off of nobody." That will be my theme as I run and I will repeat it multiple times. All the crap in my life has stopped me from running as much as I would like to - but that won't stop me on Saturday.
I may not be classified as a runner right now but I can be classified as a finisher.
No comments:
Post a Comment