Friday, July 29, 2011

So I had a bad day...

I had a bad day yesterday...it was like everything at once bombarded me...and I couldn't wait to get out for a run...couldn't wait to put my headphones in and forget about everything going on in my life and just run.  I hurried to put the kids to bed so I could get out of their early since I was running alone.  And it was.... GREAT!  First I don't run by myself enough - it was nice...and when I got home after my 5 miles I felt like I could take on anything.  

So thank you whoever invented running....cause I'm not sure how I handled the stress in my life beforehand!  

Does running have a calming affect on you?  Do you run faster when you are stressed or mad?  
I actually ran pretty slow last night- it was the first time in a long time I just let my mind clear and I didn't worry about time or pace or anything...I just went!

Good luck to everyone running in the Timp Half tomorrow...you guys have no idea how jealous I am!  My husband's family reunion is this weekend so I am going to Wyoming - but I LOVE this course and only wish I could run again...I could totally see myself getting 1:55 this time...haha - wishful thinking but I can pretend. If I never run it...I'll never know that I would probably actually be slower this time! LOL

2 comments:

  1. totally understand...running ALWAYS calms me and just makes me feel so much better! girl...you would have rocked tomorrow. i miss you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running totally makes me feel like I can conquer anything! Walking does too. I just like to be alone, moving and clearing my head.

    Sorry you had a bad day! Hope it gets better!

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete