Saturday, August 20, 2011

Running + Me = Taking a Break

So after my first week of enduring my husband back to work at school and coaching football...I think I might have to change my training program for running.
Husband's work schedule:
M - 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
T - 6:00 am - 7:00 pm
W - 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
R - 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
F - 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
S - 7:30 am - 12:00 pm , 6:00pm - 11:00 pm

Which translates to....not a lot of time for me to run. And my brother in law just moved in to our spare bedroom to save money until he gets married and that room has the treadmill.  I guess I really didn't realize how much time being a football coach really takes...and so I am going to have to figure out what I'm going to do with my running.  My brother in law will be home sometimes and maybe he can watch the kids - but I don't want him to have to be here certain times so I can go run - and I don't want my training schedule to rely on a soon to be married college student - they have other things to be concerned with ... LOL - and so I'm thinking of taking a break on my running until November.  I'll run here and there when I can but I'm not going to sign up for races or anything this winter since I don't want to plan on anything and not be prepared....

However.....

The minute football season is over - I'll be back to running with a vengenance and will get my first marathon in next summer....promise!!  But for now I have to redefine my exercise program and for now it will consist of:

Early morning spin class (going to try it and see if I like it - but it can be done before hubbie goes to work)
30 Day Shred - seriously have been loving this DVD - it kicks my trash and I love that
Any other workout DVD or anything I can do at home with the kids at night.  I'll probably go on walks - but I sure hate running with the jogging stroller with two kids.  Gag me!!

Anyway there is my update!  I'll be back and stronger than ever - thanks to Jillian!

3 comments:

  1. Gotta say, I trained for my 5k not by running but just by working out every day....it IS possible. Not that my measly 5k can begin to compare with your ultras! jk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husbands schedule is CRAZY! You are not backing out on Mt. Nebo are you? I will be so so sad if you do. :(

    I would love to run with you once a week at night if you can? We could do like every Tues at 7:30 or something. Okay think about it and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog - it's great! And I can TOTALLY relate - my husband teaches and coaches hockey and it's a crazy schedule!

    ReplyDelete