Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm Back!!


 I can’t believe that it has been a year and a half since I ran my last half marathon and over a year since I was running consistently.  Life definitely got the best of me and I’m back to try and get back into shape and get my dear running friends back!    I had the year and a half from hell pretty much – divorce will do that to you! LOL but I’m back and I’m ready to get my life back in order, which includes getting back into running shape.  I signed up for the American Fork Half in June – but until this week, hadn’t really started my training.  Now that it’s 9.5 weeks until race day – I need to start getting serious.
And I’m super excited to hopefully get back into the running community and start hanging out and running with those dear friends.  I used to love going to Yogurtland or doing long runs on Saturday with the running community in Utah – but that was hard to do during this last year and I apologize to everyone for dropping off the planet and for anytime I backed out of running with you or getting together.   I was not the best friend and for that I apologize.
On a brighter note – I’m only 20 lbs from my previous racing weight….so hopefully that won’t hinder me too much and I’m working on my diet and incorporating exercise more frequently into my life.  I want to be healthy to be there for my kids.  The amount of energy I have while playing with my kids has taken a downfall in the last year and I don’t like that.  I want to be out there and playing with my kids, instead of sitting on the sidelines watching.  Also – I loved seeing my boys so happy and proud of their mom when I completed a race or came back from running.  I want my kids to see that healthy lifestyle and grow up seeing a mom that takes time for herself to make herself strong and healthy.  I want to be a good example to my sons.
So here I am again.  Again on a weightloss journey and again on journey to run.  It’s so funny to me that before I started running – I couldn’t imagine doing 6 miles or 10 miles…and then when I was in shape – it was insane to me to not run 6 or more…and now I’m back to thinking, “I know I did this, but it seriously seems impossible to get back into the shape of running 13.1 miles again.  I’m not sure if I can do this!”


On June 15, 2013 - I will have a post race pictures like this... I will succeed!



3 comments:

  1. Awww I am glad you updated and that you are alive and well. You can do this lady and you will. You will! I am always here for you if you need anything. I am on the committe for the AF half so I will be there to watch you rock it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad you are back! But kind of bummed I am now a Salt Lake County resident. :( Probably won't be making it to do any Provo Canyon runs. Sigh. Good luck!! Excited to hear about your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TICK-TOCK 10 more days!! -You ready?! :)

    ReplyDelete