we are pretty awesome huh? Don't make fun - and yes we highlighted our hair green...we are retarded - We're accountants ok?
Basically it's teams of 7 and you wear a pedometer and log your steps for 17 weeks - and you are virtually traveling around the world. However, some of the teams are already talking smack - and since I'm the only one on my team training for a half marathon - I feel like I have to step it up for my team. Not that I am the most active - I just feel like they expect a lot from me. And I totally expect a lot from me. So tomorrow morning I'm waking up and doing 2 miles - then going to the gym at lunch for another 4 - but it makes me antsy not to work out tonight - so I ran two quick miles tonight. What kind of person have I turned into that's I'm antsy to start doing this challenge? And I'm so excited for my 15 miler this weekend...can you say MAJOR steps - I love a challenge and I love competition - can you see why I hate being a slow runner? I need to somehow not be so competitive in running since I'll never be an elite athlete.
Oh and I'm so weird - I know we aren't going to win - there are 630 teams at my work alone - let alone all the other companies - but if you get an insane amount of steps they give you a speeding ticket - which is basically a filter to make sure you didn't do a typo and for you to justify how you got that many steps. My whole goal is to get the most speeding tickets! I might be signing up for more halfs....LOL
Anyway so I'm just antsy and just ready to get on with it. Wish me luck!!!

hahahaha! LOVE this. I want to be on your team! sounds fun!
ReplyDeletehey...so i talked to ash last night and she said we should be able to park at the top of right hand fork. Running from the top to the bottom should be about 7 miles and then she said if we ran from there to your house it may be 14-15ish? what do you think!? I do not know the area very well so I am down for whatever!
Ha ha your work sounds so fun and I am always so jealous of your little competitions.
ReplyDeleteGood luck girl! I will run some extra halfs with you. How long does the competition last?
good luck! I bet you'll get a big flag after your 15 miler!
ReplyDelete