Friday, May 13, 2011

It's official...

Just a quick update…thanks for all your comments – even though they have all been deleted by dumb blogger … Anyway I missed last night’s 5 mile run...and I’m re-thinking doing any running this weekend.  I want to run…I want to run so bad – but my shin/knee is really sore and hurting lately.   I’ve tried running through it and I can, but I think I need to take a break instead of running another 13 miles this weekend.  The last thing I need to do is get injured…especially because….


I signed up for the American Fork Half on June 25th - 3 half’s in a month and a half!  I’m so nervous but I am so excited!  My dear sweet neighbor and friend is running it and I couldn’t let her have all the fun!  Plus so many other blogger friends are running it too!  And this time around I want to try and finish less than 40 minutes after Rachelle, 38 minutes, fine…but not 40!! 
P.S. Go follow her if you haven’t already…she is so close to 100 followers!!!  
After running my last half –I’m not sure if I ever want to run a full marathon.  I might be a 13.1 bumper sticker type girl.  But maybe after I complete a half marathon strong and in good time, I’ll think about doubling it.  For now…It sounds like almost 5 hours of hell…LOL
I'll be back with some sort of amazing post at some point.  I promise...

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! Blogger sucks. I am kind of rethinking the marathon thing as well. I might just stick with halfs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out girl and for advertising my giveaway!! I need to get signed up for AF. I am kinda freaking out because I'll run UV Marathon, Wasatch Ragnar, and then AF half all in 3 weeks. But I can totally do it right. I really want to run that half so bad because I am in love with downhill races. Okay thats it I'm signing up as soon as I get home.

    I promise you will suprise yourself at your next half and before you know it you will be kicking my butt. :) see you in a bit. wooo hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 3 halfs....good for you! Listen to your body, I haven't done much running since my half. I think I may be a 13.1 girl too, but you never know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! love that you are running this. maybe after UV and ragnar if I am not dead I will run it. maybe.

    please run with me next weekend?? i will bring you cookies or candy or something as a bribe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-3 HM's in a month and a half. I'm lucky if I do 3 a year!

    I have a feeling you will get an inkling for a full at some point:)

    Heal up that shin/knee and have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I'm running in my first race ever that day!
    You are kicking serious butt with all the racing you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a monster! 3 halfs in a row is awesome!! I'm sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo! you are gonna rock it this summer! You'll be signing up for a full marathon in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete