Sunday, June 12, 2011

The end....or maybe not...

So this blog started back in 2008 during my first weight-loss journey - then got deleted - and now it's served it's purpose of getting me through the Utah Valley Half Marathon.  I started blogging to keep me motivated, meet awesome people, hear their wonderful motivating stories, and to finish the Utah Valley Half.  Who would have thought I would complete something that I worked 6 months to do?

Anyway the point of my post -  I'll be taking a break from blogging...indefinitely....maybe...maybe not.  There are a few reasons why :

1.  Keeping up a blog that people want to read takes a lot of time!  I mean you have to comment on others blogs so that people see your blog and read your blog.  And there are hundreds of amazing blogs out there!
2.  Truthfully my self-esteem probably can't take anymore blogging.  I know this sounds dumb..and it is - but I see these people that are great bloggers - that are funny and great runners and wonderful people and they have tons of followers and tons of comments.  It's a blow to my self-esteem to not have lots of followers and tons of comments.  I know this is no real reflection of me -  it mostly goes with me being a lousy blog stalker (see #1) - but it's just another thing I don't need.
3. I'm not an elite athlete  - I'm not a big healthy person - I'm not an awesome amazing runner that does 20 million miles a week.  I don't do tons of races, I don't have great information...and this blog was mostly for myself and to help myself exceed in a goal.  Now that I've reached that goal...I don't feel like there is much else for me to say.  I'm at the point in my training that I need to figure out what I want to do...and maybe it will involve another goal in which I want to blog again!

But the most important thing -  I'M SOOO SOOO SOOO GRATEFUL FOR EVERY COMMENT THAT HAS BEEN RECEIVED ON MY BLOG.  I CHERISH EVERY ONE (AND MAY READ THEM LIKE 4 OR 5 TIMES)AND FOR THOSE THAT DIDN'T COMMENT - I'M SO GRATEFUL YOU TOOK THE TIME TO READ MY CRAZY RAMBLINGS.   I WILL STILL READ ALL THE BLOGS I CAN!  I WILL STILL STALK - I WILL STILL COMMENT WHEN POSSIBLE - AND IT WILL BE WITHOUT THE PRESSURE OF KEEPING UP MY BLOG. 

I've met so many great and amazing people and I'm so happy for everything this blog as given me.  I can't believe how many awesome people there are right in Utah that share my love of running.  I feel so honored to be able to call lots of these girls friends!  I love reading bits and pieces of crazy runners like myself - and so glad you guys keep your blogs. 

Thanks again...and who knows - I might be posting in a few weeks....after a break from the pressure...LOL

5 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T STOP! I know we didn't meet because I was some big runner, but man I have loved all your motivation and inspiration! You truly rock, and I am glad we're virtual friends! :) PLEASE BLOG....PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle don't stop your blog. I always look forward to your posts and love keeping up with you. A break is probably a good idea but remember that blogging doesn't always have to be about running/health/fitness/bla bla bla. For me it is more a journal and an outlet.

    Anyway just know that I love you so much and am so happy to have met you through blogging. We can still hangout and run together like every week. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle--you have to do what is best for you. But know that I read your blog because it is just you. If you tried to be someone you weren't...I wouldn't read it. You are amazing just the way you are and that means more to me than anything! Plus...you have improved so much and continue to get better and better. I LOVE reading about that because it is incredibly inspiring. plus you know I am still holding out that you might sign up for and train for vegas with me ;) LOVE YOU GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It ISSS a ton of work, I took my own little break too... and I feel so much more enthusiastic and refreshed about the whole thing sense then. I kinda revamped who I was going to do things so that I didn't feel like it was taking over my life. Because it really can! It is a good thing but too much of a good thing is never good either! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the question is produced...when is your next race? There is NO way you can quit now. Now, you have set the benchmark. Let's find you another race and try and run it in under 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete