Friday, June 10, 2011

Twas the night before....

My 2nd Half Marathon!

So I started this blog with the intention of it helping me stay commited and motivated through the Utah Valley Half...now that it's here - I'm a little sad...and not sure where to go from here.

But besides that..I just wanted to take a minute to remind myself - mostly so that it might sink in - if I tell myself enough, I might follow through -

I'm running this half for myself.  This is my half...no one else's.  I have so many people I know running the half  & marathon- WHICH IS AMAZING!  And I'm so glad I can share this day with all of them but it's starting to give me a little anxiety.  I'm slow...I'm not fast and that's ok.  But I know I'm going to start off too fast and burn out just like I did last half if I don't run my own race.   

So as hard as it will be...as much as I'll hate running all 13.1 miles by myself if I have to - but I'm going to try my hardest to not get caught up in anyone else's time.  I don't want to hinder someone else from having a great race and I don't want to hinder myself.  I downloaded some awesome new music - have my playlist ready...and I'm going to run that race slow and steady and hit my 2:11 goal!!!

Shout-outs to everyone running tomorrow - especially the marathoners like - Julia (her first marathon!  And I'm soooo sooo sooo proud of her!  She doesn't realize how grateful I am for her and secretly I'm so grateful for her injury cause that meant she ran my speed for a little bit!  She helped me through a lot of long runs that I probably wouldn't have done without!  She is amazing and hopefully I can return the favor by helping her sister get through her first half)  Rachelle & Ashley (who are both freaking crazy and are doing their second marathon within a month - they are who I aspire to be like) - and Janae (running the last 3 miles with Ashley - cause true story without her blog I would have never found all my other runner blogger friends and I would be lost today!) and all my other awesome runner friends that are out there!  There are too many to name on my blog!

I can't wait for tomorrow and I'm hoping and praying when I do update my blog tomorrow - my recap will be more positive...since I'm running another one in 2 weeks! 

2 comments:

  1. Aww Rochelle! You are going to do amazing I just know it. I could not agree with you more about running your own race. I got way to caught up in the hype at Ogden and it ended up screwing me in the end. I hope I can relax and run my own race tomorrow too. Good luck girl and please know that I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet girl! I know Jenn will be in good hands tomorrow :)

    And you know I will run with you ANY time!!! I am so excited for you and know you will be amazing! Stay confident and run your race...its your time to shine :)

    ReplyDelete