Saturday, June 4, 2011

One more week...

Here's my weekly recap (I'll spare you the details of my steps...but my team finally stepped up and we are doing awesome!! We are actually beating that guys team...by a lot so I'm dang happy!)

M: 3.5 miles in the morning by myself - it was windy and cold and all the treadmills were used at the gym! - Then did 5 miles at night with my neighbor.  Is it just me - or do you love two-a-days?  I love it cause I'm usually sore and stiff so it makes me feel like I am getting stronger!
T: - P90X - an hour-ish...and my abs were so sore the next day (I am a weakling!) - and 3.5 Miles
W: 4 miles  -and I played PIG at work and I got second place...out of 5 boys and me!  Woohoo!!
R:  3.1 miles - did the Alicia's virtual race - go check it out here - had amazing times - 9:18, 9:01, 8:32 - finished in 27:37!  After my complaining Wednesday I was definitely in need of some speed!
F: Rest!
S:  8 miles  - got up at 4:00 so I could be home at 6 for my husband to leave...not my favorite time to go running but I'm so glad my neighbor was able to join me.

Less than 7 days until I run my second half. I'm nervous just for the fact that I haven't been able to run more than 8.5 miles in the last two weeks...but I'm confident I can finish.  I don't want to have the same problem and burn out fast this time around.  Today's 8 mile run was definitely a confidence booster - we ran up the canyon 4 miles -- and then came back down - the first 4 miles was so hard and it was my neighbors first time ever running hills so it was a battle.  We finished the first 4 with 11:06/M - then we booked it on the way down. So much easier and so much faster - all 4 miles were negative splits and under 10/M with our last being 9:18! Finished with a 10:20/M average pace!   I was so proud of her and definitely felt good knowing I could have that much energy and speed after doing uphill for 4 miles.  I just got to remember to pace myself - pace pace pace - I can't get caught up in the excitement of everyone around me - plus it will be downhill from the beginning - then flat at the second half so I know that second half of the race will totally suck!

So my goals for this next half are pretty simple - and I know I've said them before:

1.) Run 95% of the race...walk through all water stations and run a slow and steady pace for the remaining time
2.) Finish in 2:18 - really hoping for 2:11 but just want to beat my last time
3.) Finish strong!  Last time around I didn't even have it in me to sprint to the finish - I want to be able to sprint and have one of my fastest miles my last mile like I do on training runs! I want to finish and feel like I could keep going!
4.) Enjoy myself!  Run my own race and enjoy it!

I'm so excited for this weekend cause I know a TON of bloggers and friends that will be running this race!  I can't wait to see and hear how they do and to see them all at the finish line/expo.  We should totally plan a time to go to the expo and pick up our packets so we can meet there together!  Why can't Friday come sooner!

Oh and PS - My neighbor is supposed to do a 10 Mile run this next Saturday...since I will be preoccupied with my half she is kindly waiting until Monday so we can run together.  I'm not sure how running 10 miles two days after my half is going to go...we shall see!  But then that will be my last long run before the AF Half...so it kind of works out! LOL

And this was my third consecutive week doing over 20 miles - finished with 27.1 miles!

Do you ever have to work on your off days?

I work M-F 8-4 but once a quarter I have to work on Saturdays...definitely not my favorite time at work, but it's all good.  Today I worked 10 hours - I always think I'm going to get out of there early...but something always comes up!

Should I do a marathon??

The thought of running for 5 hours sounds like hell - but I keep debating...I am thinking of Top of Utah in September (do I have time to train properly for it?) or the Las Vegas RNR- December (do I want to train for a marathon that long?) - What do you guys think...cause seriously the thought of running 26.2 miles is not very appealing but I feel like it's the next step - but I really want to wait until after my AF Half to truly decide.  I kind of want you guys to talk me out of my insanity...can you do that?               

5 comments:

  1. GIRL! you are running up a storm lately! holy cow! you are killing it! way to go :)

    I cant wait to see you again...I have definitely been missing you! We should most definitely meet at the expo. I will probably go between 4-5 or so.

    AND PLEASE RUN A MARATHON!!! run vegas and we could train together :) although TOU is very downhill and vegas will be flat so TOU may be easier? I dont know! you can totally do it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great running this week! I think you have awesome goals for your half. I just signed up for my first marathon so if I can do it, you definitely can!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle I just love you. I have missed your face, can we get together soon? Please!

    Awesome mileage for the week girl you freaking rock.

    As far a the marathon goes I say go for it! You are in the best shape you've ever been in right now so you might as well go for it while you can. :)

    I am glad you reminded me of Begas RnR. I need to make a decision like right now! eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually sleeping over at sundance so we are just driving to where the busses are dropping us off. but I will find you goshdarnit!!! we need to exchange #'s... email me at redsoxwife@gmail.com and we can get hooked up!


    and you are so so in shape (especially after HELLO having two kids) you should TOTALLY do a marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are freakin amazing girl! I'm so proud of you look at how far you've come and all you can do! I definitely think you should do a full, even if you decide that a 1/2 is really your thing at least you can say you did it! and we all know you can you are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete