Happiness comes from accepting the bodies we have been given as divine gifts and enhancing our natural attributes, not from remaking our bodies after the image of the world. The Lord wants us to be made over—but in His image, not in the image of the world, by receiving His image in our countenances
I seriously just had this whole post about how depressed I was feeling with my body - still having problems with saggy skin and stretch marks from having a baby and places to firm up - and going on and on about poor pitiful me and how I didn't understand how I could be the thinnest I have been since high school and still feel fat sometimes - and then I read "The Sanctity of the Body" - by Susan Tanner...
I can't believe how niave and how caught up in something I can be. I feel so much better about myself...I feel like I am growing into some of my insecurities. Definitely losing weight and exercising and accomplishing so much has helped aid my growth....but I can still be so lame sometimes.
I have the two most adorable boys in the world. Just hanging out with them and getting hugs and kisses from them is all I live for. They make the day so much brighter and worth living sometimes. I don't ever want them to feel insecure or worried about their weight. I want them to be happy!
Yesterday my son brought me a exercise dvd, "I want to exercise" - it seriously made my day. I don't want to instill my insecurities and body image issues to them. I know they are bound to have their own with the ways of the world - I want my home to be a sancutary for my kids to grow up in love.
I can only pray that through my journey that I am taking in getting healthy and fit - I can help show my boys what moderation in all things really means. Because really it doesn't mean a thing if I can't help them to grow with healthy habits.

That quote is awesome! We are so hard on ourselves sometimes, and I think we forget how amazingly blessed we are to have a body that works so miraculously in the first place. Thank you for the reminder! I needed that!
ReplyDelete