That’s been my motto this past 5 months. I’ve never been one to consistently work out, which is why I got up to 183 lbs without knowing it. I’ve always worked out for a few weeks and then quit. When I signed up for a 6k for October I decided to start running. I wanted to get healthy and finally get down to my 143 wedding weight. I starting the couch to 5k training program and was running 3 times a week. As it got closer to my October race, I started running 4 times a week.
I work full time, have two little kids, and am doing an online master’s program. There were days when it was the last thing on my mind, the last thing I wanted to do. There were times when I didn’t think I could fit it into my daily schedule, and there were days that my husband forced me to go out and run. And every time I run, I felt better. Never once did I regret running, never once did I feel like I wish I would have worked out less. Never.
So my philosophy for sticking to an exercise regimen is to just do it. Don’t put it off until tomorrow, don’t pretend like you are too busy and will just start again next week. Don’t schedule over your exercise time. Just do it. Just commit to exercising and do it. Don’t slack off. I know we’ve all heard a million times that you need to schedule exercise into your day so you don’t decide you can’t do it and it’s so true. Put a time that fits for you, that you can succeed with, and just do it.

This is so inspiring Rochelle!! You are an amazing example of how it really IS possible!! I saw you want to come to the boot camp. I'm so glad! I'll email you some info. We are going to switch it to Tuesday December 7th at 7:00. I hope that still means you can come! You rock!
ReplyDeleteMegan