Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Finally!

So tonight was my first time running in 9 days!  Last Tuesday my 7 month old baby got croup.  And if you have ever experienced that...you know it gets worse at night.  So after a few sleepless nights - seriously sleepless because they tell you, oh it's normal for babies to stop breathing, just take them outside if they do....so even during those times that they finally fall asleep you are so paranoid that you can't sleep!  It's awful - and so then by Friday I started feeling run down.  My husband got bronchitis, and my 3 year old got pink eye.  We have been to the doctors 4 different times in the past 9 days trying to get everything figured out.  It's been crazy....


But oh how I have missed running.  Tonight I ran 3 miles and I loved it.  There is something so freeing, so amazing that I am so glad I finally got to run tonight.  I just feel so much better about myself on days that I work out.  It's nice, cause if you eat great and work out you feel amazing!  If you work out and eat so-so, you still feel good cause you worked out...and if you work out and splurge - somehow you still feel good.  But even eating healthy and not working out all week just makes me feel depressed, fat, and irritated.  I need to work out to get my thoughts together,  feel great about myself, and it has become the natural thing to do.

Once you start the habit of working out 3-4 times a week - you need it...you crave it as dumb as that sounds. 

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sound dumb at all! I am not the same person when I don't get to work out. I need it.

    ReplyDelete