Monday, December 6, 2010

Overcoming the Holiday Treats

Well I don't know about your work - but mine is a horrible place for dieters!  I gained 10 lbs in my first 6 months of working here, so yes it's that bad!  We are currently doing "12 days of treats" leading up to our department Holiday Party.  Needless to say - it' been a hard few days on my waistline!

The first three days of treats, we were still doing our weight-loss challenge and so I didn't eat hardly any.  I kept telling myself, "I can do anything for three days!" - Anyway so on Friday - after the final weigh-in I dug into the treats!  I had quite a few treats and was so stuffed by 11 and felt awful.  Do you ever notice that chocolate tastes so good but there is a fine line between satisfying and overindulging...a very fine line.

Anyway on to the point of my post -  I can't gain the weight back...I can't!  I don't want to be fat again.  I don't want to be 183 and disgusted with myself.  I don't.  I don't want to be 160, 150, or 140 again! So I've had to come up with ways to avoid the treat cube!

So this week I'll be taking healthy treats to choose instead.  I've packed a bag of grapes, bag of carrots, fiber one chocolate bars (my all time favorite snack) - and kept those at my desk.  I know with all my treats I am still eating more calories than I should - but rather healthy calories than the pumpkin roll, chocolate chip cookies, or cheese ball that is staring at me!  As for day one - I still gave in, but I still feel good about it overall.

Any other suggestions on how you stay away from treats...especially when they are right in front of you?

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't stay away. I am TERRIBLE with treats temptation. But on the occassions I do keep away, it's usually by telling myself, "NO." I respond better if I talk to myself sternly.

    (I'm not TOO crazy, I promise!!)

    ReplyDelete