Friday, February 4, 2011

Another one bites the dust

That's right - I just finished my second 5 mile run in my training.  This time 59:32 - that's 2.5 minutes faster than last week!!

This five mile run was so much easier than last weeks.  I actually was going to do it on Saturday outside, but I didn't want to be gone all morning between bootcamp and running  - so I decided to do it tonight.  The hardest part was from mile 2 - 3 ( I actually started walking for like 2 seconds, then decided I had to make it the whole way)  and this time around I didn't get any cramps or shin splits or knee aches.  It was nice.  I didn't even have to resort to a Friends episode.  It was me, some awesome music, and a good book for a whole hour!

I did have to take a short break to switch the laundry so that I could have a clean sports bra for tomorrow!  I'm so excited to now just have to concentrate on not dying during my boot camp tomorrow!

Hope your week finishes out with a bang like mine!

2 comments:

  1. AWesome job on your run! 2.5 minutes faster? You rock!!! Gotta love that feeling!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE MY HERO. Seriously. HERO with a capital H. :

    ReplyDelete