So I missed yesterday – the day just got away from me….so I’m making a new game and doing it today!
1. I may or may not be doing my husband’s online traffic school. Heck I do a lot of his homework anyway. There really is a degree PHT (put hubbie through) cause we all know they are helpless without us women there holding their hands! So once I finish my MBA I’ll have a BS, PHT, MBA (and hopefully one day CPA) – I will be bad a** if that ever happens. Just so you know!
2. I love my Valentine’s present. My husband got me the Biggest Loser Workout for the Kinect. I’m so freaking excited. Sometimes I get really frustrated because it doesn’t pick up my moves the way I like or tells me I need to lift my arms higher or legs higher and I feel like I can’t do that anymore – but I still enjoy it. Though I must admit – I think I need to lose 10 more lbs based solely on the representation of me that the game gives. Nothing like staring at a fat deposit showing figure of yourself while working out to make you feel good about yourself.
3. I skipped my work out on Valentine’s Day and I felt horrible. Who should feel horrible after skipping one workout to hang out with your hubbie and family? I’m glad I have your blogs to let me know I am not the only one that feels this way.
Last night I did P90X Cardio X with my husband and then I went on the treadmill to do my 4 mile run. I was really tired already so I ran the first mile – and then the last 3 miles were ¼ mile intervals of running at 10 mph and then walking. I got my 4 miles in…not happy I couldn’t run it all – but I’ll take the 4 miles. I ate a TON of Oreos yesterday so I felt I needed to workout doubly long last night to make up for the bad eating habits. Here’s another tangent – just to go along with the Oreos and to show again how awesome my work is. We just barely had our annual reviews. Previously I had told my boss that I had eaten a WHOLE pack of double stuf Oreos in one day -throughout the course of the 24 hours but still in one day. So while we were in my review my boss said, ok now it’s time for your raise. And he pulled out a bag of double stuf Oreos – and said that this was my raise and he will give me a pack every payday (twice a month) After three packs you would think I would be sick of them and no longer eating them – but nope I still get the pack and down 7 at least in the first day. I try to share my raise with others to help me not eat so much but I still find myself eating the majority of the bag.
So last night – I made a deal with my hubbie. Because I’ve been losing the same 3 lbs just about every few weeks –I gain some back and then lose it, gain some back and then lose it – I told him we are going to do a biggest loser competition. To see if he could lose 20 lbs before I could lose 10 more lbs. I don’t feel the need to lose 10 lbs – but this is really to help me with my maintenance and to continue to make good food choices. I won’t tell you want the prize is for the winner- (our little secret)– but let’s just say I’m going to work hard to actually win!
Wish me luck! And any tips you want to give would be greatly appreciated. You would think after losing 55 lbs already I would be a pro at dieting and losing weight – but I’m not. I am still learning and definitely don’t know anything.
Oh on another side note again - I'm in love with these Southwestern BBQ wraps, recipe found Here. We've eaten them for dinner two nights in a row. And on a side note of a side not - the La Tortilla Factory Tortillas are AMAZING. The low carb ones have 48% of your daily fiber and they are only 90 calories! I'm in love and seriously have them for three meals yesterday....breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I'm a loser I know. But when I find something I love - I go all out!
ok...so many great things here! I LOVE that you and your husband and doing a competition! It helps so much to have someone to check in against!!! You'll have to keep us updated. You are going to have to tell me what you think about the biggest loser game for the kinect. We want to try it, but I haven't heard anything? Those bbq wraps rock my world, and I don't know what I used to do without the la tortilla factory wraps. I hope you're getting them at costco, cause they are so cheap there!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your race if I don't see you! So awesome :)
I REALLY want the Biggest Loser Kinect game now that we have an Xbox! I've heard it's a great workout!
ReplyDeleteJewelry is WAY out of the norm, so I was beyond excited.
Thanks for the comment! :)
Yes, so many great things to comment on. Um, I am so curious what you guys get if you win. Are the winnings different for each of you? I can only imagine what my husband would have as his winning prize. :) I'm so impressed that you've already lost 55! Thanks for your sweet comment!
ReplyDeleteOk. I am so slow. I am just now finding your blog. LOL. Would you like to do my traffic school too??
ReplyDeleteYeah, I too am wondering what the prizes are for the winner?? Or do I want to know? Did I ever tell you that you are awesome? Love and miss you
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering about the Kinect workout "games." We have one of the dance games, and even that is a pretty good workout. I might have to invest...
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck with the competition. I'll be back to see how it works out.
PS...PHT cracked me up and I'm also stalking blogs late at night...your style :-))
I have been wanting to ask you about maintaining, since I am almost there--are you still following points or just eating whatever and watching to make sure you don't gain? I will have to check out those tortillas. I found that the high fiber tortillas (they're white, but have extra fiber) are lower in points--and love them. But I don't know if I can find them at other stores besides my own grocery store. So I have been on the lookout for another kind. Crazy as I may sound, I just dont' like wheat tortillas. Wheat bread. great. Wheat tortillas, not so much. :)
ReplyDeleteExcited for your biggest loser competition. The prize sounds pretty exciting--whatever it is! :)