The weather was anything but great - sprinkling all morning, windy, and cold! I met some of my blogger friends before the race and am soooo glad I did! Running the race with Stefanie made it so much easier - and made me push harder. I know for sure I would have been slower and probably stopped to walk without her! Thanks so much!
(Totally stole your picture Rachelle! Me, Stefanie, Rachelle, and Julia before the race. Julia and Rachelle ran the half marathon and both did AMAZING!!)
Before the race - staying in the car as long as possible before getting out in the rain.
So the race was a loop - so we ran out - all uphill - and it was hard! So once we turned around and started heading back I was feeling confident that I could make it. Well cue in wind - and it started blowing. It was so hard - and the last mile was the toughest for me. Thankfully we got to see the half marathoners starting and it was fun to see them all rocking it! Then I saw the finish line and couldn't help myself but to just speed up! I was so excited when they read my name and said it was 54 minutes! That's under 10 M/M - I'm so excited! So I placed 7th in my age group - 20-29...and you think that sounds good...but out of 18 girls it's not a huge accomplishment. But I'll pretend like it's amazing! I'm feeling more confident about the half and can't wait for June!!
Crossing the finish line - eyes closed and everything!
I got the best finish line kiss from Paden! And truthfully I had sprinted so fast to cross the finish line, that I just collasped down there for a little bit
And just a side note: I was walking with my son towards the car...and all the sudden in the middle of the street he says he can't walk anymore he needs to go pee....I tried to convince him to wait, but he wouldn't walk...so if you saw my little 3 year old with pants down right in plain daylight...I apologize now. I was so embarassed and I was afraid one of the race cops were going to come give me a ticket.






Rochelle!!! you did awesome!! I am so proud of you and Stefanie and it was so inspiring to see you all running into the finish as we were starting out. You are right...the wind was CRAZY! Also...7th in your age group is totally rocking so do NOT discount that...you totally killed your goal time :) We should have a little blogger meet up soon!!
ReplyDeleteSO PROUD OF YOU! And I agree--7th is AWESOME! You are SO inspirational! Making me want to go out and run again!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!!! You are so awesome! I can't believe you finished 7th!! That is terrific! (I don't think I have used that word in a really long time..lol) I love Paden- he cracks me up!!
ReplyDeleteYou did so great!!! Thank you so much for running with me!! And 7th is awesome! We are going to rock the UV Half! Thinking we should run together again. :)
ReplyDelete