And you know how two days before your race is most important for rest...guess who is going to Thor tonight at midnight...then waking up to go to work by 8 tomorrow. I'm kind of really freaking out!! Two days before race day and I am tired, cranky, and feeling like there is no way in heck I'm going to make it all 13.1 miles!
This is worse cold feet than I had before I my wedding!! I'm so nervous and so scared I will suck it up bad. Tell me I am not crazy!
Oh just a thought to make this post a little more poor pitiful me...let me tell you about my wedding. **Prenote - My wedding was BEAUTIFUL and I loved every second of it and I picked an amazing partner and I am so grateful for my family, my in-laws, and everyone that put in to make it a beautiful day. I am so not complaining about the wedding!***
So the Sunday before my Wednesday wedding - I came down with the most awful cold in the world! It was horrible. So the final days before my wedding were a blur and went relatively fast for me....now my poor husband - who was stuck in a house with my family and my two obnoxious brothers for those days while I was in and out of sleep. So the day of the wedding - still feeling horrible - I was downing Sprite to make my throat feel better. Not a good idea. I had the burps so bad during the ceremony! And I was losing my voice so when it came my turn to say "yes" (in mormon land we say yes instead of I do) and I said it so quietly that no one heard me but Justus...so they were all having a moment of panic that I was backing out. Anyway we spent our honeymoon night at the Anniversary Inn - a themed roomed place. I chose the Lighthouse room - meaning we slept in a circle bed with a fish tank above it. If I could have afford to - I would have broken that damn fish tank. It was the most annoying thing ever to a sick person. And the rest of my honeymoon was spent throwing up and sleeping. I was a wonderful bride....but I just want to give you a breakdown of how my next few weeks went - to really understand how amazing my poor husband is.
21st - got married -stayed the night in Anniversary Inn
22 - second reception - went to Wyoming - stayed in Evanston
-- story within a story ( you will see I jump from subject to subject without giving advanced notice...my mind is crazy) So Justus and I got to our beautiful suite late that night - serious beautiful suite - and we pulled back the sheets to get into bed and saw this weird white powder stuff. We thought it was odd and thought, "oh this must be some crazy new thing they do in hotel rooms" (I was 19 people! I was so niave..it's kind of funny!) and so we just left the sheet down and slept on the comforter. Well the next day everyone was asking how our hotel was...like prodding - and they finally fessed up that my brother had convinced the hotel to let him in the room to put powdered sugar on the sheets...haha - we ruined that prank by being dumb. :) --
23 - went to in-laws to talk to my brother in law I had never met ( he was serving an LDS mission) - stayed in Evanston still
24 - Stayed with the in-laws...in their house
25 - Stayed with the in-laws
26 - Came back to my mom's house - stayed with her.
Then we decided to take a trip with my brother (a 6'3" army ranger), my brother, and us to California to meet my brother's soon to be fiancee - soon to be ex-wife. We were poor college students so we had no money for a honeymoon. We thought, why not save money and get to go on a trip by going with my mom. We were dumb! We drove the 12 hours out to San Francisco and we were traveling in non other than a Chevy Aveo (you can cringe now) - we spent the week with her crazy family and never having a second for the two of us to be alone. On the way home - we got stuck in a snow storm near Lake Tahoe and sat in the car for 3 hours without moving while it snowed all around us. 3 hours!!!! In an AVEO!!! Seriously - and we traveled back through Elko, NV New Year's Eve and spent the night...but I was in a fight with my husband (who wouldn't be after that wonderful start to a marriage) and so we rang in 2006 in true married style - arguing and not talking to each other. LOL
Actually our fight is still not resolved to this day. So we were traveling and after having a 3 hour delay in a car - we were all soo tired. Well Justus started falling asleep - Placate me now - Isn't it a rule - if everyone in the car is tired, you stay up and keep everyone awake! His theory is that just the front seat should have to stay away with the driver. I get that for normal circumstances...but we were all exhausted. And to his defense - he did drive most of the way home, so he was probably more tired than us all...but still. Go head -put your two cents in here...as long as you agree with me! :)
So there you go - feel sorry for me.
Do you have pity party days?
About once a month/week..I have a day where I think the world is out to get me and I make everyone around me suffer for it. I really am grateful for all those that put up with me!
Would you be friends with yourself?
I wonder this all the time - cause I'm very loyal - and I would do anything for my friends or family - but I'm a brat...and I say the dumbest things sometimes - I would piss myself off I'm sure and then hold a grudge against myself for the rest of my life...haha
Do you wonder how you got so lucky with your family?
I seriously have the greatest family, greatest in-laws, and the greatest extended family via friends...I'm so glad they still love me!!
AND LASTLY - go check out Rachelle's amazing giveaway. It makes me want to go delete everything I just wrote because she is so amazing and so positive and even with trials is celebrating the great things about life.


ROCHELLE I LOVE THIS POST. Seriously, everyone around me is coming up with these incredible, mind blowing posts, and i blog about guacamole! :) lol I am SUPER lucky to have a wonderful family, inlaws and all. and honey you have TWO kids!!! you have like a total RIGHT to have a pity party night every once in awhile... that must be exhausting, but somehow you do it all.. you are an inspiration to me!!!
ReplyDeleteRochelle! you are amazing! no matter if you are sick, not sick, happy, sad, whatever...I am lucky to know you. and you know what you WILL finish the half on saturday. I will make it my personal goal to make sure you cross that finish line! its going to be amazing and you will cherish every moment :) If I can keep up with you that long I will be lucky and grateful to share in that moment with you ;)
ReplyDeletebut i definitely agree...sometimes i just need pity party days. i am lucky to have my family though...good thing they are stuck with me :)
Rochelle you are hilarious and I just love you. This story is so great because it just goes to show that even though so many things went wrong in the beginning everything ended up turning out so great in the long run.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for blogging about my giveaway, I really appreciate it! I am so excited for you to run your first half and have so much faith that you will do great. Try to stay positive and enjoy the experience. I will be there cheering you on and your beautiful family will be waiting at the finish line.
No matter your time it is going to be a monumental experience I promise. Love you and have a great day! :)
You're going to do great with your first 1/2!!! I may be able to handle being friends with myself. . . in small doses! ;-)
ReplyDeletelol////this post had me laughing! That truly sounds like the crappiest beginning to marriage ever! lol. But I suppose it couldn't have dampened the feelings between you two because you're going on how many years and have 2 little boys! :)
ReplyDeletep.s. THINKING OF YOU and your race!! You can do it! YOU CAN!