My life is crazy...seriously crazy. Between a full time job, school, and two little kiddos - I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like. And that means no comments either :( - We are transitioning into summer which means lots of late nights OUTSIDE! I'm so excited... but I have a feeling my posts are going to get less and less frequent. I'm going to try for the once a week approach. That way I have lots to update you guys on!
This week was a fun one! Lots of activity - mostly because of this competition. We have finished the first week out of 15 and I'm basically holding my team..haha ok there are three of us that are doing great and then two that are so-so...and two that I'm about ready to sub out for someone else...(just kidding...sort of) but seriously, makes me have to work that much harder. My average is a little lower than I want, but I'm working on it. Just for fun -I'll recap my week - with my steps as well! Cause I know you are interested! Like edge of your seat - been texting me all week about my progress kind of edge of your seat. Ok no one texted...but I can pretend it consumes other people's lifes as much as mine.
M: Zumba + 3.5 Miles - 20,279
T: 5.5 Miles - 17,541
W: 4 Miles + Neighborhood mile walk - 20,113
R: 3.5 miles - 19,352
F: Rest Day - (not on purpose...but the night got away from me) -18,148
S 6.5 Miles (with neighbor...I opted out of going with all my blogger friends cause it was my neighbor's longest run ever and I figured she needed the support....but I totally missed going this weekend!!!) -23,125
So I have been talking big game about how I want to improve my half marathon time and how I have all these goals - but seriously it's like a lightning bolt just hit me the other day while running. One day a few weeks ago I went out to try and do a very fast 5k...just for fun. Well after running a 8:28 mile and practically DYING - my second mile was 11:00 and I was dying...and you want to know what - Yeah accomplishing a fast mile was nice...but I HATED it. I hated the dying feeling..and I didn't enjoy that mile at all. Yeah I want to be fast..yeah I want to get better - but I'm going to let it naturally happen. I am in a place in my life right now where running is so euphoric for me. Where I can go out..run where I want...do what I want...the world is mine and I'm having fun running through it and I don't want to hate it. I don't want to try so hard that I hit a wall and hate it. This is my lifelong hobby and I want to continue to love it without getting burnt out. And so for that reason...I've been having great runs where I am not even looking at pace. And I'm enjoying myself! I'm enjoying the high of running!
So in two weeks when I do 2nd half marathon - if I run 95% of the time and get around 2:20...I'll be happy. Yeah I want to see improvement and run faster half...but if I enjoy myself...run great and have a great day - I'll be happy.
And I was supposed to be running the Memorial 10k however, I can't and I'm so sad! But I'm going to do 10 miles on the treadmill instead (you guys are jealous huh?) Then that will be my last double digit run before the half - I have to work next Saturday so I'll just try to do a quick 8 miles or something!
Hope everyone else had a great week!!
What are you doing for Memorial Day? Any great outdoor plans?
Today there was snow in Park City, UT (about 45 minutes north of me)....snow in May is kind of typical for Utah...at least once or twice, but I'm so ready for some warm weather to run in...sick of cold mornings!
What epiphanies have you had while running? What keeps you enjoying it and not getting burnt out?
Love hearing about these! Running is so amazing to me right now - I love knowing there are other crazy people like me.
I LOVE your decision about the speed. It is so evident how much you are improving just by looking at your mileage...you are doing awesome! another strong 20 mile week! good luck with your 10 miler tomorrow...I will definitely miss you and hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteWith running I have been the same way...I just want to enjoy it again...and it that means that I just go out and go slow for a bit then I am okay with that. I am still out there running :)
I am running and then heading to Park City for some shopping tomorrow! woo hoo!
um girl I seriously dont know how you do it. you are amazing and shouldnt be so hard on yourself, bloggingwise. none of the rest of us have that much on their plate :) you are awesomesauce, rochelle!!! you will rock that half marathon and I cant wait to see you there!!!!
ReplyDeleteSpeed is so overrated! Ha. It is seriously hard! I think I am content at running at a slower pace right now. Maybe someday I'll catch the speed bug, but for now I'm perfectly ok with it. To keep from getting burnt out on running I have to remind myself why I am doing it. That I am doing it for ME, and for some reason that takes off the pressure for me. :) Hope you had a great weekend!
ReplyDelete