Saturday, May 21, 2011

Long Run Saturday with my Besties!!!

First of all - I hit 100 posts last time and didn't even mention it.  What is wrong with me?

Secondly - I can't believe I have 100 posts about nothing and people actually still read my blog!

Today is Long Run Saturday and I got the special opportunity to go with Julia, Stef, and Ruth!  I was so freaking excited!  So my plan was 15 miles but my knee has been a little sore so I was going with the attitude of if I did 9 with Stef and Ruth I would still be happy.  I would rather run less and not get injured before my race!

So we went 4.5 miles up Provo Canyon (Ruth is a rockstar in my book for doing that with a stroller!)  I was dying...not going to lie. 

Miles on the first 9:

Mile 1:  10:57 (met up with Christina (I think, I'm horrible with names) and ran the first mile with her
Mile 2:  10:02 - caught up with the girls to finish the run
Mile 3:  10:21
Mile 4:  10:31
Mile 5:  10:08
Mile 6:  9:59 (going down was much easier than going up!)
Mile 7:  9:57
Mile 8:  10:00 (how did I manage that?  Pretty impressed!)
Mile 9:  9:50



Then after we did 9 with them, we took a picture and I drank a whole bottle of water (not my smartest move.  And I opted not to take anymore shot blocks because what was 6 more miles?  Haha I'm kind of dumb sometimes. Then of course Julia and I took a picture!



So as soon as we started out, I started getting side stitched...too much water is bad thing sometimes.  As soon as I got to 10 I told Julia good luck.  But I was so mad, so I started running again and caught up with her.  I made it 11 before I turned around.  I decided if I couldn't do 15 cause of these dumb side aches, I could do 13 and that would make me happy before my half marathon! I hit 11 miles at 1:52 and I kind of got a smile on my face.  If this was during my race - two more miles at an easy pace would put me at 2:12...and this was a training run where I didn't even look at my watch.  Well I stopped running altogether at12.5 and then stopped my garmin at .63 and restarted it so it didn't effect my running times - but finished 13 miles total for the day. 

Last 3.63 Miles - obviously walking made the rest slow...you don't care about that! LOL

Mile 10: 10:38
Mile 11: 10:05
Mile 12: 13:14 (yeah...I walked a lot...haha)
Last .63: 7:20

All in all for a training run - I'm happy.  I hadn't ran a long run straight without walking since before my half so I was in need of a good run in order to boost my confidence.  I'm really starting to realize how I need to not even think about times anymore.  I don't enjoy it when I run fast..I just don't.  I hate the gasping for air.  But I LOVE running when I am running with my new besties talking and not caring about the pace at all.  Seriously didn't even look at the pace on my garmin the whole time - I did look at the distance a LOT!

I love long runs! And a new milestone.  This week was my first time over 20 miles. I've gotten close before - 19, 18..but never 20 and today I finished my week with 24 miles!  Woohoo!

And a HUGE shoutout to my other running pals that ran the Ogden Marathon- Rachelle and Ashley!  You guys are freaking rockstars and I'm so proud of you!!!! You should be proud of yourselves!  Go show them some love!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the long run...and the 24 miles overall for the week. You rock!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday really was amazing! I LOVED running with you girls and I am seriously SO proud of you for pushing through to 13 and hitting a weekly mileage PR. Do not even sweat not making it to 15...you are more than ready for UV! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the 13 mile run! You're gonna rock your half :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a rockstar Rochelle and I am so proud of you. I bet that felt so good to run 13 miles. Woo hoo!

    I also prefer running with others and paying no attention to the Garmin at all. Always my best runs.

    Have a good week girl and congrats on a new mileage PR. Only 6.2 more and you would hit the marathon mark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun running with you! We definitely need to go again this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go girlie!! I miss that face of yours! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete