Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My new training program

So I've been thinking a lot about how to train for the 5 weeks in between my two half's and I think I've decided on a plan.  I slacked off a ton on my runs during the week over the last few weeks and I am going to step up my runs during the week instead of focusing on one long run.  I'm going to do four runs a week - Zumba once a week - and speed work at least once a week.  I'm going to focus on running outside of my comfort pace....

Week 1:   5, 3.5, 5,13
Week 2:   6, 3.5, 6, 15
Week 3:   7, 3.5,7, 12
Week 4:   8, 3.5, 7, 10
Week 5:   5, 3.5, 3, Race day!

So there you go - what do you guys think?  Am I nuts??  Probably  - and I don't want to put too much pressure on me but I want to improve my race time by a lot...so I need to be at the top of my game.  I can do anything for 4.5 more weeks right?

5 comments:

  1. I think this sounds great girl and you can totally do it! Focus on trying to hit your goal pace in the middle of the run and keep it for 3-5 miles. For example on your 7 mile run warm up at a slow/moderate pace for 1 mile, then run 5 miles at tempo (goal pace) and cooldown for the last mile. This will get your body used to what running at your goal pace feels like. This plan sounds good though. Good luck and we should run a few together. Love you girl and hopefully we can hangout soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I think this sounds good!!! let me know if you want to do any of these runs together...after this week I should (hopefully) be more free to get back focused on running! LOVE YOU! you will do amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your plan is fine as long as you take enough time to rest and let your body recover! Make sure not to overdue it bc trust me, serious running injuries are no bueno!! It's great you made a plan you can stick with though, that's super motivating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't done my first race, so I can't offer much advice, but I would think that just being sure not to burn yourself out would be one of the most important things. I think if you pushed yourself you'd end up regretting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. um honey that looks GREAT ! I wish I could run that much,,, my longest run will be 10 before raceday, but thats because I am super chicken and dont want to injure myself (my biggest fear) and Ive not been increasing my mileage as much as I should have been :(

    you;ll kill utah valley!! youre such a baller.

    ReplyDelete