Saturday, February 12, 2011

Keep on Keepin' On

So - I've always heard that once you run 6 miles-  any other distance is just adding time to your run.  Therefore today's run had special meaning.  I took to the colder than I thought it would be Utah air - and mapped out a 6 mile run that would end at McDonalds - where I could eat their yummy oatmeal, have a big Dr. Pepper (good replenishment for my long run - I know) and my kids could play in the play area for a little bit. 

Well my run took me through neighborhoods that kind of scared me, then through the water cleaning place that made me want to gag so bad, then through some farm lands that's cow crap made me want to gag too, then through a truck stop - and the last mile had two bridges in it...with steep incline but not really going back down hill -  The last mile kicked me butt - but I did it.  And then come to find out I'm a loser and mapped my run incorrectly - so I actually ran 6.21 miles in 1:12 - talk about awesome!!

So even though I was a slacker and only did 3 of my 4 runs this week and no boot camp - calling it a successful week!

1 comment: