I know I said it yesterday, but it's so true. I am so grateful for all the wonderful blogs out there. I feel like I may get easily unmotivated compared to everyone else. Today was a good day, but at the end of the night I just didn't want to run. I didn't want to run the rest of the week or go to boot camp or work out at all. I felt like I "deserved" a week off. And I thought, who would really care if I didn't do anything. People might notice, but like it would really affect anyone. Anyway I sat down at night after the kids were in bed for my nightly reading of all the blogs - and seriously seeing other people have the same thoughts who are so much better than me really helped me. It doesn't matter to anyone else what I do - but it matters to me. I don't want to waste everything I have worked for these past few months.
Seriously I feel like my blog is starting to be a downer...with each day me having to realize how great running is for my pysche....but it's really true - exercising and being healthy is a daily commitment. You don't just magically wake up one day and have it all figured out and do everything perfectly for the rest of your life. Each day I wake up and have to recommit to the life I want and some days I fail, some days I drag my feet like a 3 year old into bed, and some days it comes easy.
So tonights run was a speed workout that I got from a fellow runners blog - I'm a big stealers of others ideas and workouts and recipes!
Anyway I ran:
6 mph - 4 minutes (desired speed)
5 mph - 4 minutes (recovery speed)
(repeated 4 times) - had to walk just a little in there
Then on the last 6 mph - I ran for a half mile
Then on the last 5 mph - I ran for a half mile
So in total I did 4.5 miles and ran 4 of it. Not to shabby!
Anyway by the end it was amazing how slow 5 mph felt and how much more natural 6 mph felt. But it was sooooooo difficult towards the end to continue running after doing the 4 minutes at 6 mph. I hope if I do this speed work once a week or twice depending on how I feel - it will get easier and easier.
Well I hope everyone had a great day! Tell me great ideas of how you guys stay motivated in your goals?
You've got it right on the money! Healthy living is just that, HEALTHY LIVING--like, forever! It isn't just something that people figure out and then, ta-da! no more struggles! I think you're doing incredible--and I am in such awe that you are keeping it up like you are!
ReplyDelete