Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Triple Tuesday Tangent

So another Tuesday - another new week!  I swear...life is crazy and everything is going so fast! 

So first here is my schedule for this week:

M:  - ran 2.6 miles outside - got an awful cramp and so cut short my planned 3.5 mile run
T:  -  4.5 miles
W:  -  4.5 miles speed work
S: -  DOGTOWN 9k race!!

Now on to the triple Tuesday "make yourselves feel better about yourselves cause I'm so weird" tangents

1. People always tell me I say what everyone else is thinking...but I really take that like - I stick my foot in my mouth way too much.  I used to embarass my husband all the time when we would hang out with other couples cause I just say what comes to my mind and sometimes it isn't really apprioriate or it can be taken incorrectly.  For instance - last night we went to a friends for some birthday cake...and we were talking about kids.  And I mentioned, "Yeah I can't stand other people's kids - I can barely handle my own sometimes and I love them, so other people's kids just drive me crazy...but they are so cute...I just don't like them" - not thinking that we had just been in nursery where we watched all these neighbors kids during church....can you say awkward...Thankfully no one took it wrong...but yep I embarass my husband on a daily basis!  He married me....his fault.
2.  I get way too emotional about other people's trials...hopefully that means I won't get them because I live through them myself...kind of....Like a friend my from high school died last year and for weeks I couldn't sleep just thinking about how it would feel if that happened- and I would pray every night because I was so scared.  Then last week I found out that a coworker of mine - who just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy - was given the news that her son has an amino acid disorder where it effects the brains communication with the body...and was told at first that he wouldn't last longer than 6 months and now they don't think he will make it 2 days...and so I've been sleeping with my baby and getting up to check on him 20 times in the night (and seriously not an exaggeration) just to make sure.  So if you ever tell me anything sad - just know I will be thinking of you constantly and praying for you and feeling bad with you! 
3.  On a positive note - I love lotion...lots of lotion!  I put it on like 5 times a day.  Being a mom has made it so I don't buy the expensive Victoria Secret or Bath and Body Works lotion like I would like - but I still get lotion and apply it all the time!  The guys at work hate it cause it makes it smell...but I think it covers up their smells nicely!

Everyone is doing a giveway I swear!  Please go check out this awesome Giveaway!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok. So me and a few other bloggers are getting together Friday night at 7 p.m. at the Pizza Factory before the Dogtown race. You should totally come. Let me know! I would love to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! thanks for following my blog! i am now following yours as well :) please come to the pizza factory on friday! i want to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete