Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I hate figuring out a title

Today was a great day!  And I didn't run...but my husband, my 3 year old, and I all played Kinect for 2 hours!  It was so much fun and definitely worked out muscles I don't usually work out running.  I know my calves are going to be sore tomorrow!

So little one has an ear infection (to go with him still being sick!) and an hour and a half after dropping of his prescription - I waited in the Walgreens line for 30 minutes!  No lie...30 whole minutes.  I hate Walgreens but it's the only one with a drive through and no way am I taking two kids in there by myself to wait 30 minutes...LOL

So I love reading other people's blogs and struggles.  It makes me feel a little better at my lack of perfection.  I've been feeling a little down because I feel like I have a hand in a million things and I am not great at any of them...but after spending two hours quality time with one of my boys, my boss telling me he likes the work I do, and feeling a little sore in my arms as we speak - I am feeling a little better.  I may not be perfect...but I sure try my hardest!  I've been listening to Perfect by Pink (the edited version) - love it...I love how songs make you feel so much better sometimes.  They are such great therapy.

You're so mean, when you talk about yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead
So complicated, look happy, you'll make it!
Filled with so much hatred...such a tired game
It's enough! I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same

Oh, pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, less than perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing
You're perfect to me

Anyway - not really a great post.  Just know not to get down on yourself if you have a rough day. If you are having a crappy day - just go read my new best blogger friend's Rachel blog about self image.  It seriously made my day yesterday and I think I will print it out and read it daily.  Just to remind myself that if I am living the way I should, everything will fall into place. 

2 comments:

  1. You are just too sweet! :) I have LOVED reading your blog and finding this new connection--I obviously don't know you, but I definitely feel like we have lots in common--
    Am so glad you're feeling better about YOU--it sounds like lots of things are going well--and I am SOOO wishing we had one of those Kinects! It sounds like SUCH fun!
    p.s. maybe we can be email or facebook friends too?? I would LOVE to get to know you better! email me...
    hollowayfam(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I enjoy your blog too! I'm now a follower.

    I just played Kinect Dance Central at a friend's house for the first time, and it was a BLAST! I will definitely be purchasing it ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete