Monday, January 31, 2011

Trying to find Balance

It's another new week -  I can't believe this is my fourth week of doing my half marathon training.  Even though I didn't do all my runs last week - I did the longest, so I'll call it a success.  Here's my week this week:

M: 3 miles (ran 2, walked 1)
T:  Hoping for another 5 mile run - but it's on the treadmill so I'll be happy with 3.5
R: 3.5 mile run
S: Either 5 / 3.5 mile run depending on Tuesday's run - and boot camp

My youngest is still sick - I'm not sure what's wrong with him...and I just want him to get better!  I have his 9 month check up (is my son really 9 months already??) on Friday and hopefully if he isn't better, they can give him something!

So a few weeks ago, I listened to a lesson regarding figuring out what makes us happy and reprioritizing our lives in order to be happy.  And I was trying to think of how to balance everything to make sure I do everything that makes me happy.  Running is a wonderful exercise and it makes me so happy after I finish a nice good run...but nothing frustrates me more than a crappy run - but either way I exercised and I feel better.  However, I think I've been eating so much junk food cause there is a part of me not happy.  I love my job.  I work with the best group of people and they are so good to me.  However I would rather be home with my two boys.  It's not going to happen for a long time - my husband is a teacher - so I'm so glad I have a wonderful job that I love going to if I have to be away from my kids.  And I think, with me being home so much more often between my kids being sick and the winter break - I'm having a hard time adjusting to my life again and finding balance. 

My youngest goes to bed at 7...not by my choice - so I see him for an hour and a half before he goes to bed....and I get to see him for an hour in the morning.  And though I love going to the boot camp - that takes away precious time from my son.  So I think I'm going to start just going on Saturday mornings. 

Another thing that I need to work on is my self image.  I've lost over 50 lbs and am so thrilled...yet I never thought I would still have faults with my body.  I never thought I could be this weight and still feel fat.  How is that possible?  I'm trying to adjust to my new body and figure out how to love the saggy belly stretch mark covered skin I have - I'm trying to love that my arms still flab just as much.  I'm trying to keep a good self-image about myself...because some days I feel huge and it kind of scares me! 

Anyway - I played Kinect Sports all day Sunday - kids were sick, got to skip church so it was seriously all day!  And I am so sore today. How sad is it that playing table tennis on a video game got my arms and back sore.  Playing an obstacle course and river rafting on a video game got my calves sore.  But it just solidified that I really was working out some muscles...maybe not to the same effect as if I had gone to boot camp last week...

Hope you guys have a great week scheduled!  What are some things you do in order to help find balance in your life? I'm up for suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...balance.

    Ya, that's a tough one. I've really just had to let some stuff go. I think it's important not to beat yourself up when those times happen. Your time with your son is SO important. And I think as you seek to find that balance you are desiring, things will fall into place or move out--Heavenly Father knows your desires and wants you to be happy and healthy and feel peace--
    And I know it will happen for ya!

    (and as for body imagine...I've had a little breakthrough that I hope to blog about today...check back, because it just might offer some peace to you as well...maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog...love it! I hope you realize that you're an awesome person inspiring others, and that makes you fabulous! Also, love the running 800 miles goal. I have a similar goal going on at my blog. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete