Friday, January 14, 2011

Today is a new day...

Thanks for your comments - I didn't mean for a poor pitiful me post - just wanted to document my bad days...along with my good days.

Feeling much better.  My 3 mile run yesterday went well - why is it that at the end of my run I have more energy.  Seriously is it just me but the first 10 minutes of your run are the hardest...then it gets easier and after that it goes in waves, easy, hard, easy, hard....once you pass one hump you are home free for a little while.  Thank goodness it does because just when I think I can't go anymore, somehow there is an energy boost and I can make it through another mile, half mile, or even get through a quarter mile. 

Am I crazy but I am planning on doing my 4 mile run tomorrow morning - bright and early - before the bootcamp.  I may not be able to make it through the boot camp from exhaustion but after my first class I realized that I don't use those muscles while running!!  I'm finally able to sit down and get up without pain.  Just in time for more... Bring it on!

So my mother is my best friend.  I just love her and she is my hero.  She just got surgery on her plantars facititis (which if you haven't heard of it - it makes it very painful to just walk sometimes)  I'm so excited for her to have surgery.  She has tried to get back into exercising but it hurts to walk long distances and causes more pain than one person wants to deal with.  And it got me to thinking - how grateful I am for my body today. I can complain all day long about how slow I am at running - but thank God that I am able to run.  That I am able to exercise.  Sometimes we take for granted how amazing our bodies are.  I just have to remember in times of frustration - I can be in a much worse position. 

Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states. 
 ~Carol Welch



2 comments:

  1. I always try to remember that there will always be someone faster than me and slower than me. I noticed that you are a new follower to my blog- thank you!! If you read my bio, you would see that I just started 3 years ago and at that time I couldn't even run from my house to the end of the street. I have slowly but surely built up my speed over the last couple years. You are doing amazing!!!! Just take each day one step at a time- put one foot in front of the other.

    To answer your question- yes, it takes me about an entire mile or so before I get warmed up. I usually bump my treadmill up for the last .5 mile or so just because I am still full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kind of ironic about your mom--my mom is having the same issues right now, and trying to get back to working out--and my husband is going to be a podiatrist (so he likes people like your mom and my mom! lol)

    How did your run end up going??? I was sure wondering! :)

    ReplyDelete