Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An easy 4 mile run??

An easy 4 mile run….did I ever think in my life I would say that?  Nope!  So last night I ran for 4 miles…and I could have kept going.  It wasn’t hard, I wasn’t exhausted.  My upper thighs/butt hurt, but that’s normal for me.  It was so nice.  I think I do better at running on the treadmill when I don’t have a goal in mind.  I was just thinking last night that I wanted to work out for an hour…and I think the fact that I am not as hard on myself with no goals – helps me.  Usually I say I have to run 3 miles and when I am exhausted physically or mentally at 2 miles or 1.5 miles – I get so frustrated….I have to move past that.  I am not perfect…I am not a great runner….yet.  I am not fast.  I ran 4 miles with a 12:30 mile an hour pace…yep I am slow…but I am doing it and loving it.  That’s all that matters to me.   So I may never be an elite marathon runner – and I’m ok with that.
And I wondered last night….how the heck do the time qualifying people run the marathon without music?  I guess there is some during the race…but it’s not the same to me.  I have specific tunes that help me through rough patches or get me pumped.  Couldn’t imagine relying on whatever music is coming out the speakers during a race.
On an unrelated note – want to know the best thing about winter??

I absolutely love cuties and probably seriously eat 3 or 4 a DAY during all of the winter.  If they are there, I eat them!  Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment