Thursday, January 13, 2011

Running through the pain

I really wanted to complete my first official week of half marathon training and yesterday it was hard.  The first week consists of running 3, 2, 3, & 4...well I did 3 on Monday and the bootcamp was Tuesday so I didn't do anything that night.  So last night as sore as I was I got on the treadmill to do my 2 miles.  Let's just say my pace was really slow...and it just got slower and slower.  I had to take a break twice to go throw up (I'm not thinking it had to do with my soreness but the huge delicious shake I drank before then...more on that below) but after 28 minutes I finished my 2 miles.  It felt so good accomplishing my goal - especially with all the pain.  I sure hope that I get used to this and am not so sore the next time I go - or this excitement might wear off...LOL

So after posting my day on Tuesday and realizing I really go out to eat way too much...I decided last night to cook something at home. I wanted to use my Bountiful Baskets veggies and my husband hates squash...so I decided to make this:


It's brown rice, tuna, squash, broccoli, and some cheese...it was delicious.  It's not completely healthy with the cheese - but it really was amazing.  I wasn't sure about the tuna but didn't want to unthaw and cook some chicken - so there you go.  Plus I've been trying to work on getting more fish in my diet.  I want to be smart one day!!!

Speaking of smart...this is my all time fav video!  You need to go see it.  I'm self-smart...cracks me up!



Anyway after my wonderful dinner my sweet tooth starting taking over.  This is my biggest problem - after dinner before bed.  I get cravings and want something sweet.  Anyway I took my experimenting to the blender and made this AWESOME shake.  Seriously the best I've tasted.  It's a little bit of milk, vanilla ice cream, blackberries, peanut butter, and peanut butter M&M's.  Seriously don't judge until you try it...It was wonderful.  And my husband who doesn't even like ice cream - and he loved it.   

So there you go! But don't eat this an hour before you work out...trust me!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on doing the run after bootcamp. I did Megan's class a couple weeks ago and I was sore for a week. I can't imagine running after that. You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete