So my husband and I were talking about this the other day. I have never ever in my whole life exercised and then regretted it. I've never not enjoyed how I felt when it was finished. I have however sometimes hated the thought of going to the gym, of scheduling it, or hated the actually exercising part!
I'm not sure why are bodies think this way? Why is something that gives us so much joy so hard to do sometimes? I seriously remember when I was doing kickboxing back in the day - DREADING it...not that I didn't like it - I actually loved doing the work out. It was the leaving my baby, going out in the cold/snow/rain/whatever else I could think of and going around a bunch of skinny girls. But every time I did it, I loved it and was so glad. The thought of sitting on my butt watching TV just seemed so much better than the hassle but ecstasy of exercising.
Nothing gives you as much confidence, as much strength as working out. I'm not sure why I never continued with it in the past...but it's this attitude. And I had it the other day. Not that I didn't want to go run - but the thought that there would never be an end to this - I want to continue to run all my life...and the thought of never ever having a finish of this exercising kind of bummed me out. We live with goals and knowing that even though I work towards certain goals - I will never reached my goal of running for the rest of my life until...well the end of my life!
I just had to come and say THANK YOU so much for your comment on my blog! I've now read through ALL your posts (am I lame???) and found that I relate to you in so many areas! Seriously! I think we would be good friends if we ever met! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with your diligence and dedication to running--I am working that way, but obviously have a ways to go still! a 5k seems so small compared to your marathon, but I suppose we all have to start somewhere, right?!?! :)
Anyway, just know I have loved reading about your running journey and weight loss/maintenence. It is truly inspirational!!!