Produce is expensive...my goodness it's expensive. Something that I have been doing for the past few months is every few weeks getting Bountiful Baskets http://bountifulbaskets.org/ - It's $15 for a whole laundry basket full of fruits and vegetables.
I love it because first of all - it's cheap. Secondly its a ton of fruits and vegetables that I get. And thirdly, it's usually some vegetables that I don't normally eat - so I get to try new recipes or work with new vegetables. And lots of times the fruit is what actually goes to waste - but I don't feel too bad because I get $50 worth of produce for $15...
I don't do it every week because we don't use it all but it's great. Even if you got it every week - it would be $60 a month for probably $200 worth of food and it's great healthy food. I do it because it makes me eat fruits and vegetables. If it's in the house, I'll eat it. If I paid for it, I'll eat it.
The only downside is the lettuce. I have to use it by Sunday (you pick it up on Saturday) or else the lettuce is bad. But a small price to pay.
I love it. How do you get fruits and vegetables in your diet without breaking the bank?

No comments:
Post a Comment