Monday, April 18, 2011

Proud to be an American

K- The Boston Marathon was so fun to twitter watch.  I was pulling so much for Kara – and 5th place is still freaking awesome.  I can't believe that she could run a personal best and still get 5th.  These women out there were fast. So fast that I do have a new hero right now (I'm still team Kara mostly for the simple fact that she didn't have a baby 7 months ago) - but she freaking rocked it. 

 I would be so freaking heartbroken to lose by 2 seconds.  I'm kind of competitive...not so much at running since I'm new and slow...but I'm way competitive and I'd rather lose by 2 minutes than 2 seconds. 

So this week – I have no clue what my training will be.  I’m not sure what to do about my knee/shin pain.  It hurts so bad right in the back of my left knee and all the way down my shin on my left leg.  I’m not sure if it’s shin splits, tendon strain, weak muscles or what...but I don’t want to overdo anything.  I’m so close to my half marathon that I don’t want to do anything to get seriously hurt!  So this week – I’m going to try and run but not going to do a long run unless I’m feeling amazing and my knee stops hurting.  And as much as it pains me…I probably won’t do Zumba this week.  I’m so tempted to go today…but not sure if that’s the best idea for my knee – oh man I don’t know what to do.  It didn’t hurt at all when I was running – but started as soon as I stopped running - it throbs sometimes…and other times I forget about it until I try to bend down or go down stairs or get up from sitting.  I doubt it’s anything serious – I just want it to go away so I can run and continue training!
Dang stupid aches and pains from being new to running.  Now I'll leave you with this awesome quote:

"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
Jesse Owens

2 comments:

  1. does icing make it feel better? take some advil. and ice. and rest.

    what is it with everyone getting injured?? yikes!

    I feel like it's that movie Final Destination (you know, the really bad horror flick where 'fate' has to go back and knock off everyone that didn't die on the plane)... but instead of dying, everyone's getting running injuries. wth?

    hope it feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. take it easy girl!! and take care of yourself! you pushed yourself hard this weekend and are more than ready for the half so give your body what it needs :) rest and ice and all those good things!! feel better!

    ReplyDelete