Saturday, April 2, 2011

What Did you Do today?

'Cause Saturday is a special day, it's the day we did a blogger running get together at Yogurtland!  And can I say, I scarfed down the whole thing within minutes!  And I didn't even get pics, so I'll live through all the others blog pictures like here and here cause I'm cool like that.  I didn't even think of bringing my camera (I'm a retard!!)  It was so fun meeting a bunch of new runners and bloggers and seeing others I haven't seen in a long time!!! (especially since I'm a slacker and don't go to boot camp anymore :( Megan your cookies were amazing!) And I wish I could have spent more time there and really got to talk to everyone.  Heck I finally got to meet the infamous Hungry Runner Girl - Janae and I didn't even get to talk to her!  One day....one day!!

So this mornings 9 mile run was a bust.  I went out with my neighbor, who was on her 6 mile run in her half marathon training, and so I thought I would at least be able to do that!  I sucked it up.  I got a side stitch about 1 mile in and it SUCKS.  At least I was able to run for a mile at time before stopping to walk for a second. I hate these side stitches.  They are killing me.  I NEED to figure out how to run in the mornings without getting them.  Seriously - anytime I run outside at night, I'm totally fine.  No problems!  Yet the moment I go in the mornings, I get them.  I have 5 weeks to test out every possible scenario to get it right for the half marathon!!  So I made it 6 miles in 1:04 - not the best.  So anyway all day I just wanted to get back out there and do the last 3.  So I went out later tonight and it was SOOO windy - but I did a 1.25 with an 8:44 pace.  It was amazing.  I was huffing and puffing but I did it and felt great.  I would have done more but the wind was kicking up dust....not so fun with contacts!

This next week is going to be another fun week:

M: Zumba
T: 5 mile
W: Zumba
R: 5 mile
S: 10 miles..this will be first week to reach the 20 mile mark.  That's insane!

And no MATTER what - I will complete my 10 mile run.  No more slacking...but that means I might be running at night. ; )

5 comments:

  1. haha I always forget to take pictures, so thank goodness for Janaes blog! :) we should do a meet up for the UV half!! sorry you have stitches, I know how much those stink :( good luck on your 10 miler this week, I hope to read all about it! (how's that for motivation?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED seeing you today. Totally do not even stress that your run was not exactly as you hoped. You got out there and got some time on your feet. Plus I am so impressed with your run tonight at an awesome pace and in CRAZY weather! you rock. PLEASE let me know if you ever need a running buddy. I would LOVE to run with you when ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to meet you today! Love that we could all get together and chat about running and life!

    Good luck with your 10 miler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to see you yesterday! You are just absolutely adorable and I love your personality.

    Please, please, please run with us this Saturday. We are planning to do 12 miles but you could totally just do 10. Let me know because I would love for you to come with us. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you girls had so much fun on your blogger meet up!!
    The wind blew up to 60mph yesterday so I feel your pain. You will get that 10 miler!!!!

    ReplyDelete