Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Re-committed...for reals this time

....so I jumped on the scale tonight - and I have somehow (ok I know how - think oreos, mini cadbury eggs, yogurtland, tucanos, olive garden, etc) have gained 6 lbs in the past 3 weeks.  And seriously - this has got to stop.  Especially with my training schedule so up in the air - I need to get my crap together and start eating healthy again.  So I'm putting it out here in the blog world again.  You make me accountable ok - I will lose my 6 lbs in 3 weeks...by the half marathon - if I get to run it.

Today I did 4 miles - 2 miles running - 2 miles walking.  And let's just say there wasn't a part of my left leg that didn't hurt at some point during this run.  My whole back of my leg hurt - and my shin and my calf and my knee and my thigh and my ankle.  I was a hot mess but I really wanted to get in some running.  I'm going to try again tomorrow to run 2 miles with the jogging stroller (remember that equals 4 miles) and if I am still in major pain - I won't run again until next week to give adequate rest.  If I feel good - I'm doing at least a 6 mile run.  I've been reading on shin splits (pretending thats what it is since it started in the shin) - and there are two methods of prescribed therapy - rest or run through it...guess which one I want to pick!

So yeah - I'll check in with you guys next Tuesday - and I better be down 3 lbs (I flucuate...a lot so I'm hoping two of these lbs is just water/dr. pepper weight so that's why I say 3) 

Tell me what I will owe you if I don't lose these 6 lbs? 

I live up to my bargain...just ask my co-worker that won our 10 lb weightloss competition and I had to treat her to Pizza Factory today. Yes you heard that right - she actually lost 12.5 lbs in the time I gained 6 lbs.  I'm pretty awesome huh?

How often do you check facebook/blogs a day?  What's the most annoying thing about facebook?

A coworker caught me checking facebook at work and was like, "Why do you check it every 30 minutes?" - I'm horrible, especially now that I got it on my phone - I check it like 30 times a day..just a quick glance and then I'm off...but it's addicting and I hate it.  I want to get rid of my facebook account cause I don't do much on facebook and get easily annoyed at some people-  I hate seeing everyday -"my wife is so amazing.  I love my wife.  I have the best wife" - jeez...get a room and tell her - we don't care!  It's like a drug - I can't imagine not having it...aaahh!

7 comments:

  1. Rochelle-

    I am SO sorry you are still in so much pain. This sounds awful. Let me know if you need a break away for you know I would say ice cream but I need to get back on track as well...I gained 6-8 lbs in the past 2-3 weeks. NOT COOL. fro-yo is probably healthy though. So if you need to rest then we should get together and chat about whatever :)

    I also check blogs like every 15 mins at work. Yesterday it took me 2 hrs to catch up because I was SO behind. eeeek. haha. I try to limit my facebook to just once every couple hours though...I am so good. haha

    SENDING all positive thoughts your way for no pain today. good luck on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will totally support you with this! if you don't do it you owe me yogurtland! ;)

    i hope your leg gets feeling better soon! you are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain girl. If it really is shin splints they usually do go away the more you train. You should try some compression sleeves or sox, they really help with shin and calve pain. As far as the weight gain I definitely fluctuate about 2-5 lbs on an given day so I wouldn't sweat it too bad.

    Good luck with the healthy eating. You can totally do it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gahh i hate pain like that! my knees are starting to bug me too AND I need to lose 6 lbs as well! so funny I was just thinking that when I came across your blog :) we can do it! if we do it by the UV half, we should go to yogurtland together post-race :) (with the kids of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we should hold each other accountable. I have been eating EVERYTHING in sight lately. My waist line isn't liking that too much. Ugh.
    I'm the exact same way you are with facebook. Such a love/hate relationship. All of those lovey dovey or baby mama drama posters get hidden. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I support you!! Easter candy is tough to avoid--so yummy!

    Blogs=addicting...work is totally getting in the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Rachelle, try compression socks and/or sleeves. It may make a big difference.

    Maybe we should have all have a 6lb weight loss intervention. LOL. gaining weight is SO much easier than losing it... grr.

    ReplyDelete