Thanks to my blogger friends - Rachelle , Ashley, and Julia - I made was able to run 10 miles today - on the treadmill. And I got up at 5:50 AM - which definitely wouldn't have happened without their motivation. I started off with a 12 M/M - then for miles 2-9 for 10 M/M and then the last mile - which by that time I was dying - was 11 M/M.
Now I'm debating whether to try for 13.1 (a mock run) while everyone else is doing their 20 mile run - or if I just continue with another 10/11 mile run. I just realized that I only have 4 WEEKS until the Provo Half. That seems sooo soon - but if I have as good of a run as today that Saturday, I'll be so happy. I was feeling pretty ok - no side stitches, no cramps, no pain in my shins...all in all a good day for the treadmill!
But now I'm SORE! My hips are so sore right now...but other than that - I'm feeling pretty good considering I haven't ran more than 6 miles in 3 weeks. This is what I get for being a slacker lately!!
Hope everyone else had a great run/race/whatever you guys did!
Yay Rochelle! I am so proud of you. You totally made it look easy and I can't believe you got there so early, you are a rockstar!
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely join us in the 20-miler next weekend. And I guess maybe just see how you are feeling. If you are feeling good it wouldn't hurt to do at least 12.
Have an awesome night girl. You should be so proud of yourself for conquering the 10 mile mark!
hey you are with me, babe! you and I both can pound out 10 miles :) maybe... I have yet to hit a double digit run (So you are SO ahead of me there) and hopefully I can run with you in two weeks when I'm back in the 801! I agree wholly with Rachelle... you're a ROCK STAR, keep it up Rochelle!!
ReplyDeleteGIRL YOU ROCKED THIS RUN!!! I am so proud of you! and totally knew you could do it!! way to go :)
ReplyDeleteplease run next weekend...we should really stick together!
You are awesome.
ReplyDeleteI think you should totally do a 13.1 mile trial run. That way you KNOW you can hit the distance, so you can focus on having fun while you do it.
Yaayy awesome!! 10 miles on the treadmill is hard!
ReplyDeleteThat's freaking awesome! I had to do 10 on the TM Saturday as well. Thought about meeting up with you guys but it was sooo early!! lol. I slept for another hour or two!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great and your gonna rock the Provo Half! Maybe I'll see ya there!