Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ahhhhh!

I accomplished a 2nd double digit run!  I'm feeling more confident that I can complete my half marathon - might not be able to run the last 2.1...but I'll finish!  And under 3 hours for sure!  Today I did an 11 mile run (and walked 1.86 back to our car) with the lovely Julia - with whom I wouldn't have been able to finish.  She definitely helped me through the WHOLE run and I didn't even listen to my IPOD until mile 9.5!

Here's my miles - I was so happy that I was pretty consistent at staying around 10/M

Mile 1 - 10:05
Mile 2 - 10:16
Mile 3 - 10:06
Mile 4 - 10:11
Mile 5 - 10:22
Mile 6 - 10:21
Mile 7 - 10: 07
Mile 8 - 10:19
Mile 9 - 10: 27
Mile 10 - 10:34
Mile 11 - 10:01
Total:  1:52 - 10:15 Average pace.

P.S. - this route had some hills and man I was cursing through some of them - they weren't like steep inclines or long - but they sucked! And I must say most of it was downhill or flat - but it was great to train on some actual hills instead of flat like I usually do.

If I could keep that up for the half marathon in 3 weeks I'll be so happy.  That will be roughly a 2:20 race and then I'll just focus on speed until the Utah Valley Half Marathon!  Oh I'm sooo happy!  I just want at least one more run in the double digits before the half! 

And now I am soo sore again!  I was hoping I would feel better this time around - but thank goodness I have a two day rest period from running. 

What are you guys' plans for the weekend?

I have a 12-15 page paper to finish by Sunday...I've done 5 pages so I'm totally ahead of the curve...LOL I'm a huge procrastinator if you haven't noticed!

Sorry - I don't have a lot to say!  Going to go enjoy the sunshine with my boys!  Have a great weekend!  And I hope all those that raced had amazing times!!

Also go check out Stef's amazing giveaway!  It's pretty much awesome!

6 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! you are so amazing!!! I really could not ever have done this run without you there with me! PLUS you ROCKED it and are totally awesome :) I am SO PROUD and HAPPY for your new distance PR!!!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two ran an awesome run this morning!! Great job! You will def be able to run the last 2.1. You will be on such a high!! : )
    I'm so glad I'm not having to write papers anymore. I might be the worlds biggest procrastinator. oops. My plans for the weekend are try to catch up on all the sleep I lost last weekend, and get ready for a tough next 2 weeks at work.
    Hope you enjoy the sun with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys. Congrats on conquering your furthes distance, how exciting!

    Have a fabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls did great! So sad we didn't get a chance to meet up! But I can't tell you how excited I was to see you guys when you drove by! Made that last mile a lil easier!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the paper and GIRL....YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to cheer you on at the UV HALF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have done that run with you!!!!! maybe we can run the UV half together, If I can manage to keep up with you :) 10 minute miles is AWESOME!!! hope to run with you soon, rochelle!!

    ReplyDelete