1 - I’ve been a little MIA in the blogging world and am trying to keep up. This morning from yesterday morning I had 15 new posts to read on your blogs!!! So bare with me if I don’t comment cause I’m trying to just catch up – I’ll work on getting back into the rhythm of it all!
2 – I did back to back classes last night and it was awesome. So I’ve been going to Sweaty Chix Zumba classes at 8:30 (join me if you want – we can shake it together!!) with the Zumba Twins – I kind of have a girl crush on them…should I not be admitting such things? Check them out - Zumba Twins- but seriously they are so much better in person! Anyway well they just moved the hip hop hustle to 7:15 and I totally wanted to try it out. First of all – I have no hip hop rhythm…not one bone in my body actually. So I looked like a dork but by the end my abs and thighs were SCREAMING! It was awesome. Then I did Zumba and as always loved it. I’m finally starting to get the hang of some of the moves … looking a little less like an idiot!
3 - I realized today that I never have really shared my whole weight loss fitness story on my blog. I’ve done bits and pieces of my story…but never the full blown thing. One day I’ll get around to that. Also I realized I was a lot deeper and felt like I had more awesome posts back when I first started. Now my posts seem to be all about whiney and complaining and the failures of my runs. I want to get back to good posts that will actually help people! Posts that give motivation and hopefully help someone out there and to help me in future years when I re-read them.
So I got my Runner’s Magazine yesterday and I didn’t get very far…my baby likes to eat paper- so the whole time reading the magazine I kept having to move out of his reach…very hard to get into the articles. But I did love the article that was about how running is a useless superpower. We most likely will never have to run for our lives- but we find so much joy in it. I always think whenever I am alone and see a guy (no offense to the guys out there) but would I be able to run away if I was in danger…how fast would I be able to move after running 5 miles and near the end of my run…would I be able to still get away. There really is no reason behind my running other than it makes me feel great and lets me eat more junk than I can stand. I’ll never be fast enough to win races, I’ll never be able to make money or do it competitively. Let’s be honest – I wasn’t running my whole life, I wasn’t active my whole life – but I can continue to run my whole life and have a better life. And maybe one day it will come in handy, I can pretend that one day it might be useful but for now, it’s just for me. Just for my sanity and for my well-being. And I can only hope that one day I can share this love with my boys so that they can be healthy and not have to overcome the same struggles that I have.
Oh duh Triple Tangent Tuesday that is what I should have called my three things :D Also it took me FOREVER to finally write up my weight loss story.
ReplyDelete:) cute cute cute! good story. I completely agree with wanting your kids to skip that whole unhealthy part and just be happy :) and i LOVE back to back classes.. I really feel like I get a good workout! glad you got your workout in!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. First of all I would love to hear your weight loss story. Weight loss stories always completely inspire me.
ReplyDeleteSecond thanks for sharing what you read in rw. You are 100% correct. We don't run to win, or be the best, we run because we love it and it keeps us sane. Have a great night girl.
Are you going to run with us Saturday?
"We most likely will never have to run for our lives- but we find so much joy in it." LOVE this.
ReplyDeleteHip Hop Hustle?!? I want to try!! I would be a freaking mess since I have zero rhythm...but I LOVE to dance! : )
I am excited to hear your weight loss story :)
ReplyDeleteAlso...I LOVE hearing about the classes you have been going to...they sound SO fun. Maybe I should give one a try some day???
Saw on shell's blog tonight that you didnt get side stitches while running!! yayyyy! cant wait till we run together :)
loved the last part... I'll never be a competitive runner, I'll never get sponsored to run, and I'm totally okay with that. I just have to compete against myself anyways. :)
ReplyDeletecan't wait to here about your weight loss story.
it's a fun super power! -p.s. your zumba looks AWESOME I wish the one out here was like that -people love it but I think it's lame but if it was real zumba like yours I'd be all over it!
ReplyDelete