First of all - is it just me loving Charlie Sheen's craziness...nothing makes me laugh more than someone ranting incoherent things and thank goodness they are funny. Do you guys watch 2 1/2 men? I do and LOVE IT! I'm sad it's ending...one of my favorite shows to watch!
Morning Running = No way!
Morning Running = No way!
So I was a lazy bum last night and didn’t work out. I decided since my husband gets up at 5 to work out and then leaves our house at 6:15 and usually goes to bed at the same time or later than me…that I could wake up at 6 and work out…..well my hubbie woke me up and I looked at him like he was the devil…so I decided to sleep in. Well just my luck the baby woke up. So I decided since I was up – It was a sign that I should work out. So I hopped on the treadmill and 2 minutes in…I was dripping sweat! I was dying of heat. The room with the treadmill is soooo much hotter in the morning than at night. My temperature in my bedroom said 81 degrees…so imagine what it was while I was running, sweating up a storm. It was awful. Never again…at least until school is out and the hubbie is home so I can go run outside. It was the death of my morning dreams and I will read this every time I think I want to try running on the treadmill in the morning. I got in 2.5 miles before calling it quits. On the flip side, I do enjoy knowing my workout is already over with…it’s nice to know I didn't have to run tonight if I didn't want to. But I did anyway.
I decided to do a speed work out which consisted of:
10 M/M - 2:00
8.5 M/M - 2:00
12 M/M - 2:00
10 M/M - 2:00
8.5 M/M - 2:00
20 M/M - 4:00
Repeated that 3 times...and by the third time I was gripping the treadmill for dear life trying to finish my two minutes. I wanted to do 4 times to get an even 5 miles, but I am a weakling and this was too much for me! I haven't worked that hard running in a really long time...just goes to show how much of a wuss I am and don't like pain. I run the easy pace a lot...I need to step it up.
So I read in an article that two nights before a race is the most important time to get good sleep - so I am off to bed early tonight so I can be well rested for my race on Saturday. I'm way stoked and so glad the race starts at 9 and not at 8! Love later races!
I decided to do a speed work out which consisted of:
10 M/M - 2:00
8.5 M/M - 2:00
12 M/M - 2:00
10 M/M - 2:00
8.5 M/M - 2:00
20 M/M - 4:00
Repeated that 3 times...and by the third time I was gripping the treadmill for dear life trying to finish my two minutes. I wanted to do 4 times to get an even 5 miles, but I am a weakling and this was too much for me! I haven't worked that hard running in a really long time...just goes to show how much of a wuss I am and don't like pain. I run the easy pace a lot...I need to step it up.
So I read in an article that two nights before a race is the most important time to get good sleep - so I am off to bed early tonight so I can be well rested for my race on Saturday. I'm way stoked and so glad the race starts at 9 and not at 8! Love later races!
You make me feel so lazy. And yes, I want to be sooo like you. please, please pass me your energy. :)
ReplyDeleteSo you have a race this weekend! Fun!! Good luck. 2 nights is the general rule since the night before most people don't sleep well:) Hope you got a good sleep! Good luck with the race:)
ReplyDeleteI am obsessed with Two and a Half men. It is totally my guilty pleasure. Good job on the speed workout. It is always good to change things up and alternate your treadmill workouts.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I totally followed your advice about getting enough rest 2 nights before a race and slept in this morning. I am blaming you for me missed my spin class. ha ha jk.