Thursday, March 31, 2011

Three Things Thursday

So today I learned 3 things today:

1. I love running with my family.  We took the double stroller out - finally the weather cooperated! And it was so nice running with the kids and my husband.
2. Double jogging stroller is good for speed work!  I was pushing the stroller for the first 1.5 mile - and I was averaging a 10:51 pace, and it was hard work!  And then my husband took over and seriously I couldn't stop myself from going under 8:30M/M - it was amazing!
3. I don't push myself very often.  I live in this little comfort world where I finally got to the point that I run for awhile and not die...and because of that I play it safe and stay within my comfort pace.  Well while running these fast pace (fast for me!) I was huffing and puffing and though my legs could keep going, my lungs weren't used to being pushed that much.

So morale of the story - if you want to go fast, start using a stroller...

However tonights run was amazing!  I got to spend time with my family, I did a 1.5 miles at a faster than normal pace and I enjoyed it.  Yep - you heard me, I enjoyed running tonight.  It was a harder run than I've done in a really long time and maybe that's a good thing!  I didn't get my 5 miles in but I'm taking my 3 as a success and I'm planning on running a light easy pace tomorrow night because it's supposed to be in the 70's.  Then on to my 9 Miler!  I'm starting the self pep-talk now - I'm going to rock it! (I am hoping if I keep saying it, by Saturday I'll go into the run believing it!)

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me! you are totally going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job pushing the jogging stroller. That is seriously tough work!

    You ARE going to do the 9 miles. I have complete faith in you. Mind of matter girl, mind over matter.

    I really want to start a running group in the utah county area so let me know if your interested. I think it would be fun to push each other and running with others is awesome. Anyway have a great Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete