I guess its confession time– so I haven't ran in a whole week. I needed a break….and I’m not sure if I’m ready to run tonight…or tomorrow but I'm going to try. I found myself wishing and envying those that were injured that had an excuse to not run. I think it’s mostly because I’m scared. Scared of failure… scared of succeeding. I know it may sound dumb to those that are awesome runners– but seriously thinking of running 9 miles scared the crap out of me. I actually started on my run on Saturday and ran .5 miles and came back home. I psyched myself out. I know through my experience that running is 90% mental and I’ve mentally held myself back. So here’s what I want my week to look like:
M: Zumba (Had a blast shaking my butt and someone said they had a bodybugg and they had burned 900 calories - I'll take it)
T: 5 miles
W: Zumba
R: 5 miles
S: 9 miles
I’m hoping to be able to do well in my running but I’m going to do more cross-training to help from getting burnt out. I’m going to make sure that even if I don’t do my runs, I’m going to work out doing something. I have 5.5 weeks until the Provo half marathon – plenty of time to take a break from running and still get back in it and do well. I think the closer to the race, the more I’ll want to run and be more focused – we can only hope. I’ve only run and really have done nothing else for almost a whole year –I need to relax a little and just enjoy working out again so I can still enjoy running!
Check out Skinny Runner's Giveaway - It's HUGE and I want everything. You can always tell her to give your entries to me if you are feeling generous! ; )
And check out my introduction on Stef 's Blog - I love making new friends through the blogging world and she seriously has the best blog ever - I love reading it!!
Check out Skinny Runner's Giveaway - It's HUGE and I want everything. You can always tell her to give your entries to me if you are feeling generous! ; )
And check out my introduction on Stef 's Blog - I love making new friends through the blogging world and she seriously has the best blog ever - I love reading it!!
I dare say a break was needed! You totally don't want to burn yourself out--you'll get it, and I KNOW you can do the 9 miles...I totally believe in you!
ReplyDeletep.s. did you get my email on facebook? hoping I didn't say something wrong!!!
Hey! You will so totally do awesome at the provo half! I just know it!
ReplyDeleteAlso..we all have those periods where we just do not feel motivated. I think it was smart of you to take some time off and give yourself a break. You will get that running bug back in no time :)
Loved your introduction on Stef's blog! I need to send her my info so I can be introduced...haha!
We are planning for fro-yo blogger/runner meet-up at some point this weekend if you are interested! Not sure of the day or time yet but either Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday sometime. I will keep you updated!
We all go through slumps or 'plateau phases' and it is totally normal. Just try to refocus and think of the reasons you run and why you like it or the way it makes to feel to complete a hard run. You will get your mojo back in no time. :)
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you ever want to run together girl. Have a great Tuesday.
Sometimes (when I can run) I get in a rut, and running is the last thing I want to do. I have had a few runs where I got down the block and came right back home. It sucks, but you will get back in to it!
ReplyDeleteDON'T BE SCARED!!!