Here's what I hope to do this week:
M: 5 miles
T: 3.5 miles
R: 5 miles
S: 8 miles (maybe Boot Camp?? My husband is getting way sick of doing what I need him to do on Saturday mornings- feel bad for him! He puts up with a lot from me.)
I'm still disappointed about my race and a little upset. I told my husband I didn't want to even run this week out of spite and just do an 8 mile run on Saturday...but he convinced me to just try and run at least three times this week. So I will be flexible in this week's running and I will probably switch out at least one of those runs for a P90X or BL Kinect workout. I'm sooo excited to tell you that two of my neighbors are starting to run outside again, since it's finally getting warm enough)- and so I'll have people to run with!!!! You don't know how excited I am to be able to get off the treadmill and be able to talk to someone while running! Woohoo! And also these two girls are going to be at our neighbor "Bachelor" party! Who are you going for? I love Emily but I think it will be Chantal (did I spell that right??)
I read this article with this quote and I need to remember it:
Running is full of peaks and valleys, both figuratively and literally. We all have some really bad days, a lot of average days, and a few really good days. That’s the way all things in life are. To think disappointment won’t come in running is simply irrational. Running is all about how we can deal with challenges. The better we are at adapting to challenges, the closer we will run to our potentials and the more enjoyment we will get from running.
By Richard Ferguson, Ph.D./Running Journal/October 2008Check out this awesome Running Documentary Giveaway - this movie looks awesome! I can't wait to see it!
And Danielle is having a 100 follower Giveaway - go to check it out too!! One day I aspire to have 20 followers...or 30 or 100! Thanks everyone who reads this!
Tell me a good title for a post and I'll do that as the title - and incorporate somehow that title into my post!
I really like that quote. Richard Ferguson's NOT Charlie Sheen. Even though he is a flipping mess.
ReplyDeleteYou will get to 100 followers before you know it! I love reading your blog and soo many others will to once they find it! :)
Keep your head up about the race...that quote about running is SO true...which only means you are bound to have a super awesome run soon that reminds you of why you do it every day :)
ReplyDeleteI CANNOT WAIT FOR THE BACHELOR TONIGHT!
Love the quote. Thanks for sharing. It is so so true....we want every race to be our 'best', but the truth is we will run at our very best everytime. Stay positive girl and just keep working hard.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day!