Week’s Workout:
M: 4.5 miles
T: 3 miles
W: Biggest Loser/Kinect
R: 4.5 miles
S: Bootcamp (maybe L ) & definitely 7 miles!!!
So last week I didn’t do so well. I did well on my diet and I ran 4 times last week, but I didn’t do my long run. Therefore I am definitely doing my 7 mile-r…and we will see about boot camp. I want to go to boot camp so badly – but asking my husband to watch the kids for basically half the day (after spending all last Saturday buying our new car) is asking a lot.
Anyway last Saturday I caved at the diet and the soda. I got to work early – 8:00 – and nothing was working. And my lovely boss decided to make a tower of Oreo’s on my desk to mess with me…and I have no will power. And after I succumbed to peer pressure – I just kept going. I ate 8 Oreo’s short of a whole bag on Saturday and a HUGE Dr. Pepper. To try and compensate – I didn’t have dinner…but Sunday when I work up with the scale going up .8 – I said screw it all I’ll start on Monday. So today I am starting fresh again… My husband says I can no longer go without soda because I am too on edge and too cranky and why did I start on the week we decided to buy a car – so stressful!
So I got my first two magazines of Runner’s World and I loved reading all about running and different techniques. Did I tell you I love reading all these blogs? I feel like I learn so much from every one of you and I can’t believe that I have been running at least 3 times a week since July 2010 – That’s a record for me. I can’t wait until my year mark. That’s less than 4 months away! I’ve never stuck with some sort of program this long. I had the realization of how far I had come today. I was kind of feeling a little depressed that I didn’t get my 7 miles in and how I feel like I’ve been at 6 miles for the longest time and haven’t made any progression…but then my coworker informed me that there was a time running 8 minutes was hard. And its so true. I find that I compare myself sometimes to those blogs I read –those people doing 10-20 milers with no problems at very fast paces and I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to that point…but I have to remember I’m still starting out. Yes I probably haven’t pushed myself as much as others, haven’t been as motivated for the longest time to add on mileage – haven’t ran as much in a week as I should…and those are just a few reasons why I am still at this point…but just thinking that in 8 months I have gone from running 3 minutes at a time would kill me to being able to run for an hour and 12 minutes without dying. Even having the thought in my head that I will be ok during my half marathon is a far cry from where I was just a few months ago. I can’t wait to find out where I will be in 8 months! How much further along I will be with my running.
I am totally feeling your pain! Can you say, regret?? UGH. It leaves such a bad taste in your mouth! No more regrets for us!! Oh, and Rachelle just told me about the Rex Lee 10K this Saturday, it's in Provo. I am thinking about running it...you should too. :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for all of your kind words. :D
I think you are awesome...and I know you will rock that 7 mile LR! Good for you for taking things at your own pace...running truly is a progression and it sounds like you have come such a long way :) So excited for you and am excited to read about your progress in the future!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing Rochelle and have come such a long ways. I am so proud of you especially adding in a job and 2 children. I really don't know how you mammas even find time to train. Seriously amazing.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah as Stefanie mentioned 10k in Provo Saturday. You should totally run it and we can do breakfast or something afterwards.
You will tear up that 7 mile run!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first tried to kick my soda habit I was cranky and on edge all the time. I might have taken advil in the mornings for a few days because I got headaches. After that, I was good to go!! : )
The oreo tower would have gotten me, too!!