Thursday, March 24, 2011

I did it....

I might be crazy....ok I know I am.  But as much as I tried to psych myself out of it - I decided to register for the Provo City Half.  I'm been going back and forth and back and forth.  I'm so afraid I'll have a race like the Rex Lee Run - where every mile after the 2nd was HELL, and I was in pain, and I was slow and I just wanted it to be over with....but I'm going into this Provo half with the only goal to finish.  I don't care about time.  Heck I might not even bring my garmin (who am I kidding - I'm bringing the garmin) but my only time in my head is to keep it under 3 hours.  So in 43 days (AHHHH! Pulling hair out) I will be attempting to run 13.1 miles.  I'm feeling the anxiety already!  Any tips to make me feel really prepared??

So I'm on day two of not running.  I meant to run today - but I have the day off tomorrow so instead I'm going to take my new double stroller out with the kids for a run.  (Weather permitting) And I'm so dang excited to try it out!

Did you watch the Florida - BYU game?  I'm so excited!!  I'm a total BYU hater (though I do like Fredette - he seems like a sweet young guy) and I'm so glad I don't have to hear the phrase - "Jimmered" again...well until draft day!  Now I'm sitting down to go watch the Duke game! (See how am I supposed to run with March Madness going on)  LET'S GO BLUE DEVILS!!!

5 comments:

  1. You will do great in the half!
    I watched the Florida BYU game. Jimmer is pretty dang good but, he sure did shoot a lot! I'm all about the Blue Devils!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be AMAZING! I'm SUPER excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you girl! You can totally do it, you have plenty of time to train. Let me know if you ever want to run with me and I will push you and make sure you are ready. :)

    I hope you get to go out in the jogging stroller today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayyy!! i am excited for you to run the provo half!! I am hopefully going to sign up too...we shall see how getting back into running goes!! you will ROCK it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! You are brave!! I am totally afraid I'm not going to be ready for the UV Half. Eeeee.

    ReplyDelete