Friday, March 11, 2011

My Pre-Race Routine!

So I'm new to racing - this will be my fourth race!  Woohoo!  And I wanted to share my routine that I do before the race day.  I need some good expert advice - but here is what I did before the Dogtown race and I had an amazing race with NO cramps!  (which is a first for me!)

So day before - I stopped drinking soda mid-day.  I drank two liters of water and a gatorade during the rest of the day.  Then we went to eat and I got pasta with lots of water!  The morning of, I ate a bagel and cream cheese about a hour and a half before and drank just a little bit.  Then 15 minutes before the race I took one of the G-series prime goo - and it tasted so good. 

What are your favorite during race energy bars or blocks?  I have never had anything during a race -I can't drink water from those dang cups and I have never gone far enough to really make a huge different - but eventually I will be running long enough to need to hydrate and to need some energy.  Any advice?

So today is my running break day.  I'm going to do the Biggest Loser Kinect workout - just a 30 minute quick workout!  And I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!  Last Saturday I had to work...so working 11 days in 12 days is hard!  Bring on the break!

Time for Friday Fun Facts:
      1. No Work on Saturday!
      2. I pulled out my Itouch with headphones so I can listen to some shows on hulu.com during work and the cushion around the ear pieces are missing.  Why is it dumb stuff like this that really just makes me smile with how cute my child is.  I love this 3 year old stage!
     3.  Not really a Friday Favorite - but I was dropping the kids off at daycare and not paying attention.  I went to shut my car door and SMACK!  The door hit my nose.  It's puffy and I have a cut that is bleeding...oh joy!  I hope it doesn't scab over!

    4. Having Megan's Southwest BBQ Chicken wrap for lunch!  YUMMY!
    5. Did I mention I have a race tomorrow!  I can't wait! I'm going to rock it if it kills me dang it!  Bring on the 9:15 M/M...haha!


What are you pre-race routines??  I need all the advice I can get to perfect this before half marathon day! 


P.S.  Check out Rose's Giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your race tomorrow!!!
    In my halfs I have used GUs or Sports Beans with caffiene. LOVE them both.
    When I get water from the water stations in races, I usually end up spilling most of it on myself...but even a little drink is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor nose!! Excited to see you tomorrow! I'm even more excited to run in warmer weather!! You should text me when you get there. Also...If you have a Facebook account. You should find me...Stefanie Davis. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad you hit your nose!!! I know you will ROCK the race tomorrow. I am thinking about trying to make it up there to cheer on all of my favorite blog friends...so keep an eye out for me. I may try to bring my crazy pup so she should give me away.

    Pre-race...I always take the day before off...eat yummy pasta or something else for dinner. I now wake up and eat cereal with a banana a couple hours before the race (I used to eat nothing and that does not work out so well any more)...Before the race I stretch and jog a bit to calm the nerves. Cant wait to hear how you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I tagged you in the versatile blogger 7 random things post on my blog...check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you pre-race routine. I kinda suck at this and have MAJOR race day anxiety. That is why I am running as many races as I can before the marathon hoping it will help with that.

    I used to NEVER eat before a race because I get side stiches sooo bad. But I have been trying to eat before and it has actually helped. Good luck tomorrow, I already know you will kill it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck on your race tomorrow! You will rock it! I use GU and I started using that Gatorade stuff also! I like them both! Before the race I have to eat my cereal!

    ReplyDelete