Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pretty much lame

So I feel….like serious “Lamespice” as Stef would call it.  I feel like I’m slacking on my blogging duties and slacking on my blog stalking duties.  I’ve barely been online outside of work in the past week and a half.  I try to blog stalk via phone to keep up to date – but I can’t comment.  I feel so bad that many of you are struggling with injuries!  I feel so bad that I’m injury free not full enjoying running!  I am taking for granted something that most of you would give your right arm to do.
I did go running on Tuesday – 4.25 miles (not quite the 5 miles I set out to do) – and I felt like I was a million pounds, lugging around a huge big caboose.  Everything felt very hard – I stayed around 9:45 M/M which is decent – but I really didn’t enjoy it.  There was one part, about 3 miles in that I ran in a small riverwalk and it was nice…I kind of enjoyed it.  But then quickly realized that this riverwalk went UPHILL – and that wasn’t so fun.  Then my leg started hurting…like my whole shin/calf felt really tight and hurt.  So I kept thinking – oh goodness, what if taking a week off and then running this long is going to be the cause of an injury…but alas – it went away and I feel better. 
I’ve really been enjoying my Zumba class!  I went last night and I have so much fun shaking my butt.  I definitely look like an idiot, but it’s great!  I bought a month long pass – so next Monday – I’m doing a two hour  cardio-fest.  Bring on HipHop Hustle and Zumba!
I really don’t have anything inspiring to say or anything worthwhile.  I feel kind of lame.  I am planning on attempting another 5 mile run tonight and still planning on doing a 9 mile run on Saturday!  And I am planning on going to Yogurtland on Saturday – and so I better complete my 9 miler so I don’t feel like a failure when I go hang out with these awesome runners!
So back to a little March Madness fun! Who do you want to win it all?
I really can’t decide…I want VCU – but at the same time…I want Kentucky!  Butler was in the final two last year so I don’t really care if they win.  And UConn…’nough said.
Are you excited for baseball to start?
Heck NO!  I hate baseball and hate that my husband has to watch like every game on TV. Best thing that ever happened in our marriage was when TBS stopped showing every Atlanta Braves games (that’s he’s team) – best thing ever! 
Do you golf? How often do you go?
I love to golf and I don’t get to do it much with two kids.  My husband and I used to go a few times every summer.  He used to work on a golf course so that he could go whenever he wanted…and he took advantage.  It’s definitely slowed down since we have had kids – but if we could –I would be out there once a week.  Oh and my department goes out a few times during the summer and plays and I love it!  Though I get destroyed b y the boys!

3 comments:

  1. I think that everyone has kind of been in a rut this week. I 100% blamind it on the weather. Today and tomorrow are suppose to be great so I am hoping it cheers me up.

    I admittedly haven't been into march madness this year. But I am cheering for Butler because they are the lowest seed.

    I love baseball but my boyfriend watches every single Rockies game on TV and that is just annoying. I'd rather go to a game, not watch one on TV.

    I only like driving around the golf cart like a wild women. I hate golfing, but I love being outside and driving the cart. does that count?

    Have a fabulous day my dear and cheer up because I think you are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't golf...but I want to learn! There are LOTS of good looking guys at the golf course! : )

    "and I felt like I was a million pounds, lugging around a huge big caboose" I know that feeling! My basketball coach used to tell us to unhitch the trailer and GO! : )

    Girl, I don't ever roll my eyes at you! I might be talking a big game about being positive, but it's only because I'm REALLY struggling right now. It HAS to get better! Good job on your run & you deserve Yogurtland!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...VCU or Butler. I'm just not a big fan of Kentucky and for sure not UCONN.

    ReplyDelete