Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"There's a storm coming and his name is me"


Can you believe it's only Tuesday??  This week is so LONG and it's not even halfway through.   Thankfully I have lots to look forward to this week at work - We have lunch tomorrow at Tucanos (an all you can eat Brazilian meat place with an awesome salad bar), then we have our St. Patty's day celebration on Thursday with corned beef and cabbage and a bunch of other non-healthy food.  And then of course...don't forget "MARCH MADNESS"  That's like two full days this week of not working during work cause your screen is filled with all the games!  Have you guys filled out your brackets?

 I saw the virtual St. Patricks Day 5k and thought it would be so fun to participate...well without paying for the race. It's supposed to snow on Thursday so there goes that idea...but the weather was BEAUTIFUL today and with that lovely thing called Daylight Savings Time - it was sunny and still light outside when I got home. I set out for a nice easy run and after almost running the whole first mile, I decided to do my own make believe 5k.  I decided in my head that my goal would be under 30 minutes.  I know most of you are hoping for Sub 20 5k...but I like to be different.  LOL

And here's my stats:

Total : 3.1 Miles - Total Time : 29:39
Mile 1: 10:06
Mile 2:  9:37
Mile 3:  9:21
      .10: A 8:50 pace

I'm pretty happy about my time.  If I had just decided to do the mock 5k a little earlier I could have stepped up my first mile and saved at least a half a minute.  It was so fun racing with myself and pushing myself.  I'm so excited for the warmer weather so I can go outside more often and work on my speed.

Did you guys enjoy the warm weather?  Did everyone have warm weather?  Ever race against yourself? It's kind of fun!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your run! That's awesome!
    I LOVE the warm weather!! 82 is PERFECT for me! : )
    I filled out 2 brackets. LOVE LOVE LOVE March Madness! Who are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo ready for the warm weather! awesome run girl! I race against myself sometimes...mostly in the sense that I keep track of my runs on garmin connect and try to push myself to do a run of similar distance a little faster each time I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great job chili! I have loved the warm weather!!! I hope it stays sunny down here but so far this morning it doesn't look like that'll happen :( I was all ready to go boatin and sport my stretch marks in a bikini woo woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this time of year. Love March Madness, Love the warm weather, and love that it is my birthday and the semester is wrapping up.

    Awesome job on the run. I totally create races against myself all the time. The competitive nature in me comes out way too much in training. But it does give you something to work towards.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete