So the first day of my renewed diet...fail. I did so good all day, but then visited my neighbor who just had a baby - and there was chocolate cake..and I have no will power. It tasted good and one piece is better than 3 right? That's an improvement!!
Tomorrow will be better. And I must say - I drank over 100 oz of water (this is my 4th day in a row with drinking over 80 oz of water). I am naturally a drinker - I love to drink and even with all that water - I still was able to drink a 2 cans of diet cherry coke and a 32 oz Diet Dr. Pepper - that is so pathetic. I also had orange juice and hot chocolate. Wow - yeah I love to drink. It's like I have been trained that if I am not eating, I am drinking. I need to work on cutting out the soda - I know...my one vice....oh wait...
I did my 3 mile run tonight. I have been wanting to get faster, so I did my first mile in a very slow to most of you 10:30 minute pace. Then I had to recover by walking .5 miles. So when you guys are calculating your runs for training - do you take into account your walking time? For instance I went 4 miles tonight - .25 warm-up, .5 walking in the middle, then .25 cool down - but I only consider that 3 mile run...do you consider your whole distance, the distance minus warm-up/cool down or just the distance that you are actually running during? Just curious what others do. I would feel like I was cheating on my training program if I said that was a 3.5 mile run. But that's just me. I guess during the race, the walking counts.
On that note - do you guys walk in the race? My cousin's running partner during her half, in order to pace herself actual took time every few miles or so to walk. That's how she was able to make good time. My cousin on the other hand, had to run the whole thing. Before I used to not be able to continue running once I stopped my momentum. Now I actually enjoy a little break in between - though I would rather run the whole thing!
I have walked. There are no "running police", it is perfectly fine to walk. Matter of fact, there is full half marathon and marathon programs with built in walking. I would love to be able to run that far non stop but in reality I know that isnt going to happen; most of the time I end up just walking through the water stations.
ReplyDeleteAs long as you are out clearing miles, I would count your total mileage; for 2 reasons. 1) That is the true distance that you went (via it being outside or on the treadmill) and 2) for shoe purposes, to know the total distance that is on your shoes before you need a new pair.
If you dont count your total mileage you could end up clearing way more miles in a week then what is scheduled. This is just my opinion though.
You are doing AWESOME!!!!