Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Insecurities

Today - day 2 - another fail. I wish I could lie on this blog but that would be like lying to myself.  I know you guys are going to start wondering how the heck I lost 50 lbs - well don't you worry - as of today I got this lovely number:


(don't mind my dirty scale)

Seriously - I am usually 130 at nights...so I have gained 2.8 lbs in the past few weeks.  This is of course bringing up many emotions.  Now I am ok being whatever weight - as long as I feel good about myself - and as of today I don't.  Cause I know I am not living to my healthy potential.

After I had my first son I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 163 quickly.  However, I still ate like a pregnant lady.  So once I stopped my freebie 200-300 calorie of breastfeeding (and I blame the Depo Provaria shot as well) - I gained 20 lbs in 6 months.  And so I think another reason this scale and an almost 3 lbs gain so quickly is freaking me out is because my son is almost 9 months old...which means only 3 more months until I don't get my freebie anymore- :(  And I am scared that as soon as I stop, I'll balloon back up.

I was watching or reading or something today (I stalk so many blogs and news articles, and watch so much crap, I don't remember where sources come from)  and it was stating that lots of people that lose weight, gain it back quickly because they don't change their lifestyle.  I've started to get back into my old lifestyle.  I am still working out - which is a plus - but I'm eating horribly.  Each day I say I am going to do better - and I really am.  I really am going to be better...

I'm currently watching "I Used to be Fat" hoping for a sneak peek of Megan's debut! And I am loving the typical "Mormon" moments....and by the way - her older brother (if you are watching it) Jimmie - was in my husband's area on his LDS mission...so my husband is enjoying it.  Which is nice - cause I thought I would have to fight for the tv tonight.  Anyway I love when the mom says, "No one said it was going be to easy, but it will be worth it" - I chuckled... and if that dad something again about her getting married and dating....I would have smacked him!  haha -

On a different topic-

What's your thoughts on running skirts?  I really can't decide.  Maybe it's just the idea of looking cute and girly in a running skirt that I like - however they kind of look retarded in the pic...is it just me?

Ok - as I was typing this I looked and saw something interesting...Seriously maternity running skirts...are you joking me?  Yeah...you will not see me in this next time around:


http://www.runningskirts.com/running-skirts.html


Well unless I look like that supposedly 2 days after having a baby?  Are those results typical???  LOL

Tonight was not so good on working out.  My legs and muscles were sore - so I did intervals of running at 8:34 minute mile pace and walking - .25.  I'm really trying to get my speed to 10 minute miles before I do my half marathon...but I'm not going to hold my breath if tonight is any indication.



2 comments:

  1. Rochelle - you are darling. Don't get discouraged!! You are awesome. You are DARLING for watching the show. I'm just watching it right now...my sis called me and said she already watched it and said they cut most of provo out and she didn't think i was on it...RUDE MTV! jk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am RIGHT THERE with you on weight--and I am SO hoping to get below that 130 mark--the anticipation is killing me! :) But I agree with what you say on lifestyle changes and keeping it up for good--it's hard to find that balance! It's awesome you recognize where you may need improvement--seriously, that's one of the most important parts of weight loss, I feel.

    Running skirts. hmmm....almost more impressive to me than the actual results, was the fact that one person owned so many different running skirts! lol. That's quite the wardrobe!

    I would never, NEVER be caught dead in one. No matter how oooh-la-la my body was. (but then again, I am still convincing myself to try more of a cap sleeve on my t-shirt. I'm not a bare all skin kinda girl!) :)

    And what's this show you speak of!??! It sounds so interesting! What channel is it on?? I've gotta look for it! :)

    ReplyDelete