Monday, January 17, 2011

A Running Partner

Happy Martin Luther King, Human Rights, whatever it is called now Day!


See that pretty blonde?  That's my beautiful 15 year old cousin - Allie.  And I got the best text ever yesterday!  She asked if we could run the half marathon together.  Now let's just say she is a varsity soccer player and young and fit...so she is going to leave me in the dust!  However I'm so excited to have someone to run with!  This Saturday we are going to do a 3-5 mile run (I haven't decided since I have boot camp that morning) -  I'm so excited!  Now if I can get my other two girl cousins to run it with me too - and I want to wear pink knee high socks and matching tutus - yes I have though about this... a lot....

Anyway here's my week -

M: 4 mile run (done!!)
T: 3 mile run
W: 2 mile run
R: Boot camp
F: rest
S: Boot camp & run with Allie

So I have a confession....My name is Rochelle and I have a problem.  Last week was my first week working out 5 times and so naturally I was hungerier.  Well the problem is I ate junk and sweets and the scale is 2 lbs higher than last week.  I have been drinking regular Dr. Pepper and eating sweets (3 pieces of cake today)  And I think today it clicked...I have to get a handle on this now.  I need to re-prioritize my goals and start living them again. 

So from this day forward....no more DR. PEPPER (I can't do away with soda all together, I am weak!)  and no more sweets.  I will not touch those Cherry Cordial M&M's in my cupboard.  I will not partake of the free chocolate at work.  I will be good.  

Now that it is written and out there - I have to really commit.

1 comment:

  1. hold the bus! Cherry Cordial m & m's?!?! WHAT?! Dang good thing I didn't know about these at some point before...because I would have bought a bag. :)

    Now, pop on the other hand, no temptation here. Nada....

    That is SO awesome you have a running partner! That will be SO NICE to keep you motivated and going, going, going!!!

    ReplyDelete